Where is the Operational Fox HAM Satellite Located?

• Thread starter houlahound
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Satellite
In summary, a new satellite called Fox-1A, now designated as AO-85, was launched and its FM transponder has been activated temporarily. This comes after years of hard work by AMSAT volunteers, and the satellite has been dedicated to the memory of Tony Monteiro, who spearheaded the project until his death last year. The satellite's location can be found at the provided link.
houlahound
Operational?

Going to try use a handheld to find it this weekend.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Link?

I only heard thru my telnet,, I think this is said project. Hard to search on my phone;

http://www.amsat.org/?page_id=1113

I think the launch was provided for free by euro space agency.

I found this at the ARRL website:

http://www.arrl.org/news/fox-1a-is-now-ao-85-transponder-temporarily-active
10/09/2015

In what might have been record speed, AMSAT’s new Fox-1A satellite received its OSCAR designation on the day of its launch, and its FM transponder has been activated temporarily until 0000 UTC on October 10. AMSAT OSCAR Number Administrator Bill Tynan, W3XO, early today announced that Fox-1A is now AO-85, and the CubeSat has been dedicated to the individual who was at the helm of AMSAT’s CubeSat projects until his death last year. The satellite launched on October 8 at 1249 UTC. Fox-1A was briefly in transponder mode early on October 9 (UTC).

“I have been informed of the successful launch today, October 8, 2015, of the AMSAT-NA-built Fox-1A CubeSat. I am also informed that the satellite has been heard by several amateurs in various countries,” Tynan said in a news release. “This successful launch comes after years of diligent and dedicated work on the part of AMSAT-NA volunteers including Tony Monteiro, AA2TX, who became a Silent Key in March 2014. It was Tony who spearheaded and guided the work on all AMSAT-NA CubeSats until his untimely passing. Thus, it is only fitting that this spacecraft be dedicated to his memory.”

Nice link

1. What is the current status of the Fox HAM Satellite?

The Fox HAM Satellite is currently fully operational and functioning as expected.

2. How often is the Fox HAM Satellite updated?

The Fox HAM Satellite is updated daily with new data and information.

3. How long has the Fox HAM Satellite been in orbit?

The Fox HAM Satellite has been in orbit since its launch in 2015.

4. Can I track the Fox HAM Satellite's location?

Yes, you can track the Fox HAM Satellite's location through various satellite tracking websites.

5. How can I receive data from the Fox HAM Satellite?

You can receive data from the Fox HAM Satellite by using an amateur radio receiver and decoding software.