Did Ubuntu recently change their policy? I got about 15 cds from them a while back and I am not a part of a LUG, or any other groups. I don't even remember Ubuntu asking for anything other than my address and an email account.
All right, I'll believe you guys, but the site said it was only giving away to members of LUGs. Why would they give 10 or 15 copies to individual users? Are you giving them to your friends or something?
I thought this thread is about diff. versions of linux. You can easily go to www. linuxiso.org and download diff. flavors to try out. If you're a first time linux user I recommend knoppix as it boots from the cd and you won't need to install it.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving