• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

German and English Textbooks

• Classical
  • Thread starter Kleio
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am looking for secondary school (ages 11-14) Physics textbooks from Germany and England. Can you help me?

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
I am looking for secondary school (ages 11-14) Physics textbooks from Germany and England. Can you help me?
That's an ambiguous question. Help you with what? Do you want people to help you find out where to buy them? That should be easy on the Internet. Or, are you hoping that people will just GIVE them to you ? If you want people to give them to you, where ARE you? Who pays the postage?

Do you see how your question is very incomplete?

That's an ambiguous question. Help you with what? Do you want people to help you find out where to buy them? That should be easy on the Internet. Or, are you hoping that people will just GIVE them to you ? If you want people to give them to you, where ARE you? Who pays the postage?

Do you see how your question is very incomplete?
I want to buy some books that are used in schools in germany and uk. Maybe you could suggest some you believe that are good.

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
If you know enough German, a search for Physics textbuch in Amazon.de should get you some hits with some page samples.

vanhees71
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
Schoolbooks are usually not very good these days. I was shocked looking at some German physics high-school books for the "Oberstufe", i.e., grades 11-13. You have to look at older editions to get a good book. The book, I learnt for my Abitur exam was

Metzler, Physik (1989)

The same book in the edition of 2008 is still ok but way lower in level and in my opinion has lost a lot of the logic still present in the old edition. The edition of 2014 (for Nordrhein Westphalia) makes me very sad, to say it friendly.

I don't know, how books for the lower grades are these days.

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
Or go to Wikipediacht, check subject-related articles and see references.