1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Getting into Grad School with one C in a Physics class

1. Feb 19, 2010 #1
    I am currently taking a graduate level physics course (also required for undergrads) called "Electronic Techniques for Research", and I'm having kind of a hard time in it. I'm thinking that in the worst case scenario, I'll end up with a C in the course. However, currently, my overall GPA is close to 3.7 and my physics GPA is 3.8. I also have research experience and have co-authored a publication from one REU. I plan on applying to grad school in the coming fall. Considering all this, is getting a C in a class that is mainly about electronic instrumentation going to make or break my prospects of admission? Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2010 #2
    I don't think it will matter that much. I had one terrible semester as a physics student, and still managed to get into graduate school because it was an isolated event.

4. Feb 20, 2010 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Committees are much more concerned with patterns than single grades.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook