Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Getting up late in the morning = another crappy day!

1. Oct 10, 2005 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

Awh whenever I get up late in the morning (or sleep alot in a day), I'm feeling terrible during the day and just want that day to finish sooner. So what's the best thing to do in a crappy day?
    Perhaps sleeping again! :tongue2:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Sleep :P Thats what I would do.

4. Oct 10, 2005 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

And when you can't sleep anymore?

5. Oct 10, 2005 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

1) Find a wall
    2) Step back 20 feet from it
    3) Run towards wall
    4) If you're reading this, repeat.

6. Oct 10, 2005 #5

Lisa!

Gold Member

I even don't feel like replying to my friends' emails, and now you expect me to do that! :zzz:

7. Oct 10, 2005 #6

liz

I put on some music and do some cleaning, personally.

8. Oct 10, 2005 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't you have a job to go to?

9. Oct 10, 2005 #8

wolram

Gold Member

I just think of MIHs avatar and i feel all better :rofl:

10. Oct 10, 2005 #9

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I don't really see the problem... If you don't like sleeping late, then get up earlier.

11. Oct 10, 2005 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Meh, it is a crappy day...just get some ice cream or hot tea and curl up to watch TV or DVDs or something and wallow in it. :biggrin:

I started my day thinking I didn't have anything special on my calendar, so I'd go get my driver's license transferred to the new state...heh heh...guess what? It's a holiday today. :redface: After I got all the way there, I found out they're closed (it's not a holiday for me! :grumpy:). So, so much for that plan. Then, the lunch selection in the cafeteria was abysmal. :yuck: Usually they have a halfway decent selection here. Today it seemed somebody must have screwed up an order and got a truckload of cabbage...it seemed like everything had cabbage in it! :bugeye: Then I learned that I can't just download PDFs with a click of the mouse like I used to (this is someone's idea of an "improvement" in Safari...see thread in technology is you want the gorey details :mad:). Then, I had to delete my OWN thread for double posting. :redface: The server just bogged down and I didn't think my post posted. :rolleyes: I still can't convince anyone in this place that I really do need to be able to print without copying files to my USB key, walking down the hall, fighting with the stupid Windows computer (oh boy is that computer stupid...what a clumsy OS to fight with)...started printing, printer ran out of paper, added paper, printer had some strange error message...push random buttons to get rid of error message (no manual, so what the heck do I know what the error means...we're still using an HP LaserJet 4...it's old and tired, that's what the error means, right?), have the rest of the document decide to print every 6th line or so, go back, tell it to print again, wait while someone else's stuff prints who got into the queue while I was swearing at the printer....yeah, it's been one of those days. :frown:

12. Oct 11, 2005 #11

Lisa!

Gold Member

I quit it and I'm looking for another one! :rolleyes:

13. Oct 11, 2005 #12

Mk

Ha ha, we had Columbus day yesterday in Guam!

14. Oct 11, 2005 #13

Lisa!

Gold Member

It just happened yesterday. I usually got up early in the morning, but yesterday I got up 9:30 Am. :blushing: It could happen to everyone when you've slept late at night and you're a little sick and....

Now can you see the problem? :wink:

15. Oct 11, 2005 #14
    Sleep during the day and stay awake during the night, as I usually do. Then you're never early and you're never late :wink:

16. Oct 11, 2005 #15

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Post a lot on PF and then threaten the squirrels with a plunger.

17. Oct 11, 2005 #16

Lisa!

Gold Member

Wow, there's no problem anymore . My friend who wanted to move, just called me and said she's here till February. Now I'm feeling wonderful.

Morals: after every crappy day, there's a wonderful day.:rolleyes:
    and after every wonderful day, there's a crappy day. :grumpy:

:rofl: In fact, I'm doing that but I just don't want to admit it. :tongue:

18. Oct 12, 2005 #17

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Watch out - the squirrels and birds have formed an alliance. They're stealing keys and committing all sorts of mayhem. Serves you right, I say. :tongue2:

19. Oct 12, 2005 #18

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

*SpaceTiger releases a flock of birds to steal honestrosewater's keys*

Muahahaha, Occam's Razor will be your undoing!

20. Oct 12, 2005 #19

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Meh, a bird couldn't carry my keys. Unless... they're not African swallows, are they?!? :uhh:
    Why is it that ever since I decided to cut back on the lewd comments (17 hours and 23 minutes ago), Temptation is everywhere? :devil:
    ...17 hours and 24 minutes... :frown:

21. Oct 13, 2005 #20

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Don't worry, they are non-migratory.
    I am such a nerd!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?