How to Ask a Girl Out in My Grade

• Thread starter Someone502
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl
In summary, the conversation centers around a 13-year-old boy who likes a girl in his grade and is seeking advice on how to ask her if she likes him. The general consensus is that directly asking her may make him appear too direct or wimpy, and instead, he should try to get to know her by asking her to do something simple like getting coffee or hot chocolate. The boy is also advised to be himself and not stress about it. He is also encouraged to make a move and tell the girl he likes her if she appears to be awkward or fidgety around him. Suggestions are given to talk to her in a casual setting and to ask about her interests. The conversation also includes
marlon said:
NEVER BRING UP SCIENCE IN ITS MOST DIRECT MANIFESTATION...

And avoid phrases like "direct manifestation". :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Smurf said:
Yes! Another excellent idea, make a fool of yourself!

So that's why I'm fighting them off with a stick... :rolleyes:

Someone502 said:
Theres a girl in my grade. I kind of like her and she might like me. How should i ask her if she likes me? When she's walking down the hall or something talking to one of her friends and i come by she stops and acts all wierd. Help me please.
Do you know her name? Does she know yours?

If not, introduce yourself. As her if she would join you for lunch.

Music/movies are good topics. Hopefully, you'll have something in common.

What classes is she taking/what teacher?

What does she think about . . . .?

Make a list of topics - 5 or 6, maybe more, just in case there is little or no response.

If you don't know each other, dinner or poetry may be a little premature. If you do a poem, make it short and sweet.

Also consider Evo's advice, personal things for which you make an effort show more thought and consideration than something bought at a store.

Also be prepared for the fact that you might not be compatible, and then just be satisified that you made the effort and you made a new friend (hopefully you'll stay friends if it doesn't work out).

I hope things work out positively. :smile:

I love guys that aren't afraid to be funny in public.

I'll never forget a chemical engineer I dated. We went to a restaurant with my best friend Cindy. She smoked cigarettes, and we didn't. We were sitting at the table and listening to a band that was playing and I turned to say something to him and he had a cigarette shoved up each nostril and one sticking out of each ear. :biggrin:

Evo said:
I love guys that aren't afraid to be funny in public.

I'll never forget a chemical engineer I dated. We went to a restaurant with my best friend Cindy. She smoked cigarettes, and we didn't. We were sitting at the table and listening to a band that was playing and I turned to say something to him and he had a cigarette shoved up each nostril and one sticking out of each ear. :biggrin:
!

You mean some women actually appreciate that! WHY ARN'T THERE MORE WOMEN LIKE YOU EVO!? WHY!?? :rolleyes: :cry:

Smurf said:
!

You mean some women actually appreciate that! WHY ARN'T THERE MORE WOMEN LIKE YOU EVO!? WHY!?? :rolleyes: :cry:

I doubt it if Evo is really telling the truth here. Besides, have you guys counted how many men Evo has dated up till this very last post ?

I mean, we have had the Shakespeare guys, the Italian, now the chemical cigarette guy, who will follow ?

regards
marlon

marlon said:
I doubt it if Evo is really telling the truth here. Besides, have you guys counted how many men Evo has dated up till this very last post ?
Cigarette story is true. :approve:

I mean, we have had the Shakespeare guys, the Italian, now the chemical cigarette guy, who will follow ?
I rarely dated anyone longer than three months. By the third month you can usually tell if the person has "long term" potential and if they don't, no sense in prolonging the inevitable.

Last edited:
Evo said:
By the third month you can usually tell if the person has "long term" potential and if they don't, no sense in prologing the inevitable.
This explains the... (how many marriages was that again?)... :biggrin:

Ah, man...
"Why are women so much more interesting to men than men are to women?", Virginia Woolf dixit.
Begin to be acquaintanced with the idea.

antfm said:
Ah, man...
"Why are women so much more interesting to men than men are to women?", Virginia Woolf dixit.
Begin to be acquaintanced with the idea.

I think mrs Woolf did not have a clear view on the dating aspect of society

marlon

Evo said:
I rarely dated anyone longer than three months. By the third month you can usually tell if the person has "long term" potential and if they don't, no sense in prolonging the inevitable.

What criteria did you use in order to judge a guy's long term potential?

marlon