Google and PF

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

Answers and Replies

When searching, restrict searches only to PF if you want by preceding your search text with "site:physicsforums.com". Google's search is more customizable than just that though. Take a look around.

jhae2.718
Gold Member
When searching, restrict searches only to PF if you want by preceding your search text with "site:physicsforums.com". Google's search is more customizable than just that though. Take a look around.

I think you've missed the point of this thread...

It's pretty neat that PF gets on the first page, but if you do a Google search for "physics" (at least the last time I did) PF is only on page 3!! This needs to be fixed.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
... but if you do a Google search for "physics" (at least the last time I did) PF is only on page 3!! This needs to be fixed.

Wow. I'm surprised. What can we do?

jhae2.718
Gold Member
I think there needs to be more links to PF from other sites, but I don't know much about SEO.

PF does well with phrases in google. Single keywords have great competition and it's much harder. We've never ranked well with just "physics".

I think there needs to be more links to PF from other sites

If you have a website or blog make a link to PF :)

Borek
Mentor
And don't forget your link should have this form: [noparse]<a href="https://www.physicsforums.com">physics</a>[/noparse]. [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you've missed the point of this thread...

It's pretty neat that PF gets on the first page, but if you do a Google search for "physics" (at least the last time I did) PF is only on page 3!! This needs to be fixed.

Oops. Mea culpa.

I found PF originally by googling some junk science claims. I'm sure it was first page since I rarely go beyond that.