Getting Physics Forum Answers from Google Search

In summary, the conversation is about using Google to search for Physics Forums and how quickly PF pages are indexed by Google. There is a discussion about the ranking of PF on Google and potential ways to improve it, such as having more links from other websites. One user also mentions finding PF through a Google search for junk science claims.
Physics news on Phys.org
When searching, restrict searches only to PF if you want by preceding your search text with "site:physicsforums.com". Google's search is more customizable than just that though. Take a look around.

anirudh215 said:
When searching, restrict searches only to PF if you want by preceding your search text with "site:physicsforums.com". Google's search is more customizable than just that though. Take a look around.

I think you've missed the point of this thread...It's pretty neat that PF gets on the first page, but if you do a Google search for "physics" (at least the last time I did) PF is only on page 3! This needs to be fixed.

jhae2.718 said:
... but if you do a Google search for "physics" (at least the last time I did) PF is only on page 3! This needs to be fixed.

Wow. I'm surprised. What can we do?

I think there needs to be more links to PF from other sites, but I don't know much about SEO.

PF does well with phrases in google. Single keywords have great competition and it's much harder. We've never ranked well with just "physics".

I think there needs to be more links to PF from other sites

If you have a website or blog make a link to PF :)

And don't forget your link should have this form: [noparse]<a href="https://www.physicsforums.com">physics</a>[/noparse].

Last edited by a moderator:
jhae2.718 said:
I think you've missed the point of this thread...

It's pretty neat that PF gets on the first page, but if you do a Google search for "physics" (at least the last time I did) PF is only on page 3! This needs to be fixed.

Oops. Mea culpa.

I found PF originally by googling some junk science claims. I'm sure it was first page since I rarely go beyond that.

Related to Getting Physics Forum Answers from Google Search

1. How do I get accurate physics forum answers from a Google search?

The best way to get accurate physics forum answers from a Google search is to use specific keywords related to your question. For example, if you are looking for information on Newton's laws of motion, you can search for "Newton's laws of motion forum" or "physics forum Newton's laws." This will help filter out irrelevant results and provide you with more targeted answers.

2. Can I trust the information I find on physics forums through Google search?

While physics forums can be a great resource for information, it is important to critically evaluate the information you find. Check the credentials of the person providing the answer and look for sources to support their claims. It is also helpful to compare information from multiple sources to get a well-rounded understanding of the topic.

3. How do I know if the physics forum answer I found through Google search is up-to-date?

When searching for physics forum answers through Google, it is important to pay attention to the date of the post. Most forums will display the date the post was made, so make sure to look for the most recent responses. You can also check for updates or revisions in the comments section of the post.

4. Is it better to ask a question on a physics forum or search for existing answers through Google?

It depends on the nature of your question. If you have a specific and unique question, it may be better to ask on a physics forum where you can get personalized responses. However, if you have a general question, searching for existing answers through Google may be more efficient as it can provide you with a wider range of perspectives and information.

5. How can I improve my chances of finding the right physics forum answer through a Google search?

To increase your chances of finding the right physics forum answer through Google search, try to be as specific as possible with your search terms. Also, make use of Google's advanced search options, such as filtering results by date or domain. Additionally, consider using quotation marks around your keywords to search for exact phrases. This can help narrow down your results and provide more relevant answers.