Are these predictions about the Pacific coastline true or just a coincidence?

In summary, scientists have been exploring ways to address the infamous paradoxes of time travel while also preserving the deterministic nature of classical physics. Some possible solutions involve postulating that only self-consistent histories are allowed, which seems to remove the paradoxes but at a price: what happens when humans are involved?
TheUnknown said:
sorry.. lol i said you could get the last word didn't I ? :-/ I'll stop now
yes, sure... will you? really? :smile:

just let me know if you would like me to reply to any more of your posts, or whether you prefer to keep having the last word...

MF :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Just tying up a few loose ends and resolving some misconceptions in the last few posts :

TheUnknown said:
if it doesn't function biologically... it can only be machine.
All you are saying here is "not all machines function biologically". That is true, but proves nothing relevant to this debate.

moving finger said:
"But you see, I think humans are built. Humans do not suddenly and miraculously “come into existence”. Humans are built by and according to the designs encoded in our DNA, starting from the first seeds or sperm and egg. At some stage during this construction process (actually a long time after birth), humans start to think and start to believe that they maybe have free will (but where is their free will prior to them starting to think? It does not exist)"

TheUnknown said:
I'm thinking by suddenly and miraculously come into existence you mean that they have not always been here(on earth?), OR they were placed here?
Please read what I said, TheUnknown. I said Humans do not suddenly and miraculously “come into existence”. I do not know how you get from this statement to your suggestion that “you mean that they have not always been here(on earth?), OR they were placed here?”

TheUnknown said:
otherwise this is has no meaning..
What I meant (and is explained in the subsequent sentence if you bother to read it) was that individual humans (I was not talking about the start of the entire human race) “are built by and according to the designs encoded in our DNA, starting from the first seeds or sperm and egg”.

TheUnknown said:
this would exactly be the reason for humans and machines to be different, machines suddenly and miraculously come into existence because we create them.
Machines do not suddenly and miraculously come into existence. Neither do humans. Both are built.

TheUnknown said:
humans enjoy the mysteries of being alive and biological and they are endowed through lifes natural process with everything we know and enjoy... they start out as sperm and egg, then they develop as an embryo, then they are children, not to smart yet, then they become adults, and they are aware? is this what you mean? do you know any machine that goes through this cycle?
I have never said that any existing machine can do all of the things that a human can do. What I have said is that there is no logical reason to believe (and you have not offered any logical reason to believe) that it might not one day be possible for a machine to do these things. You have simply asserted, without any reasoning or logic or substantiation, that no machine will ever be able to do the things that a human can do.

TheUnknown said:
thanks for proving my point hehe :)
the only point that has been proven is that you have many unsubstantiated beliefs.

moving finger said:
""Biological" to you may mean "organic life-form based on DNA, proteins etc", whereas there may be evolved lifeforms on other worlds which believe themselves to have free will yet they are silicon-based rather than carbon-based. Would you claim they do not have free will simply because of their chemistry?"

TheUnknown said:
so aliens can evolve as long as it proves the theory wrong, but humans just come into existent out of no where.
Who says humans come into existence out of nowehere? Are you making this up as you go along?

TheUnknown said:
And i still don't see how just because their DNA strand would be different becuase they consist of silicon, or silicon is a large part of their biological make up, how that then makes them not elligable to fall under biological entity.
I never said it did. I asked you to define what you mean by the word “biological” which you introduced into the discussion, but as with 99% of my questions, you never bothered answering.

TheUnknown said:
is that what you were implying, or were you simply asking me?
I usually try to answer your questions, but as I have said, and as you can usually tell by the question marks after the statements, I have asked you many questions which you simply ignore.

TheUnknown said:
i mean, of course i would agree they have free will, in my definiton, i stated any "biological entites."
But did not define what a biological entity is.

Bye

MF
:smile:

"humans are not built to do what they do, we take it upon ourselves to figure out problems, a machine is simply a reincarnation of a false human, what humans percieve as free will, and they will never be able to amount to a human in all aspect of life, they can only be built for certain specifications. a biological entity, is any living breathing being (plant/anima/microbial, or of any aspect of life that is consistent with being biological)that lives off of and uses it's surroundings to survive and is created biologically, and consists 100% of biological substance." PAGE 8 i think I've discussed everything, you just seem to forget, because you believe machines are better than humans... sad... remember "it's like saying a circle is something that's circular" quote from you... thats's because a circle is something that is circular in nature with no edges or points, with no beginning or end! a BIOLOGICAL entity.. are you folliwng me sir? is a BIOLOGICAL... that's why it has to be 100% BIOLOGICAL to fit under the definition of BIOLOGICAL entity... and that is also why any circular shape with no points or edges, with no beginning or end... still there? falls under CIRCLE... THANK YOU! ENJOY

Last edited:
"But you see, I think humans are built. Humans do not suddenly and miraculously “come into existence”. Humans are built by and according to the designs encoded in our DNA, starting from the first seeds or sperm and egg. At some stage during this construction process (actually a long time after birth), humans start to think and start to believe that they maybe have free will (but where is their free will prior to them starting to think? It does not exist)" just to answer one more of your questions.. this is a quote from you... I'm really done discussing now, because it is getting no where, and you are seeming to forget every past thread that either you or I typed. How can i have a debate if you just continue to ask the same questions over and over again that have already been answered? or go into a state of amnesia and forget everything you've ever said?

"humans enjoy the ---->mysteries<---- (THERE IS NO MYSTERY SIR... WHEN YOU CREATE A MACHINE OR A COMPUTER, YOU ENDOW IT WITH EVERYTHING IT WILL BE ALLOWED TO DO) of being alive and biological and they are endowed through lifes natural process with everything we know and enjoy... they start out as sperm and egg, then they develop as an embryo, then they are children, not to smart yet, then they become adults, and they are aware? is this what you mean? do you know any machine that goes through this cycle? " you just replied to this saying i have given no reason why machines cannot share all common bonds with humans, seems you didn't read to well. I think you should really go back and read the last 3 pages, i explained many times over, till my fingers were about to fall off, why humans and machines may never experience the same emotions, feelings, dreams, common bonds, needs. (you should also read that quote.. it would save you some time)

Last edited:
"Machines do not suddenly and miraculously come into existence. Neither do humans. Both are built." ... can i laugh? will YOU ever decipher the difference between being reproduced naturally, and forming inside a mothers womb, from being built by human hand from scrap metal and electricity? or are your stubborn ways shutting down that part of your mind. Excuse me sir... but you are using two different versions of what the word "build" means to you, and trying to bring them together, at any cost (mostly to your humiliation) just to try and prove a theory wrong... i say it's time to let go of your ego, and admit that i am right, and I'm sure 90% of any people that view this page would agree.

Last edited:
"What I meant (and is explained in the subsequent sentence if you bother to read it) was that individual humans (I was not talking about the start of the entire human race) “are built by and according to the designs encoded in our DNA, starting from the first seeds or sperm and egg”." once again thank you for deciphering what a biological entity is and the way it is created, from a machine, and not even knowing you did it.

"Please read what I said, TheUnknown. I said Humans do not suddenly and miraculously “come into existence”. I do not know how you get from this statement to your suggestion that “you mean that they have not always been here(on earth?), OR they were placed here?”" then maybe you sir... should be a little more clear, in my dictionary existence alone has another meaning.

"All you are saying here is "not all machines function biologically". That is true, but proves nothing relevant to this debate." this is very RELEVENT we are discussing the existence of FREE WILL INSIDE BIOLOGICAL ENTITES... where have you been?! or has your consistent ranting gotten you no where. looks like another case of amnesia. GOOODBYE SIR, THIS DEBATE IS FINISHED, I HOPE I HAVE MADE ENOUGH SENSE TO YOU, you said free will could never be explained, and once again i have proved the skeptics wrong, with definition after definition of free will and who is subsides in(intelligent and "non" intelligent biological entities), if not, then God be with you. (whatever that means to you)

Last edited:
also sir, i would like to share something with you, that you can either believe or not believe. I AM a time traveler, and you will most likely see time travel in your life time. The particle collider that came online at CERN will make tremondous advancements in time travel and open the door for it's technology. Do not take my "biological entities" definition lightly... you may find it useful one day. Time travelers are among you, but only few speak out, who would believe us anyway? we'd lose all credability (which i hope does not happen here) a few things to worry about... your scientists should stop portraying global flooding as the number one need for the stop of pollutants, and worry about global pollution and the greenhouse effect, and the effect it will have on human evolution in the next 300 years(and animals), and make these things the top priority... watch your foreign policies, be wary of your presidents and the counties in which you reside. Civil war is near, an another natural catastrophe is around the corner. these "vigilantes" as your president calls them, are looked at as heroes to us... and Einstine's theories still all most hold true. Anti gravity will be an important way in the future for harnessing clean flight... your scientists should also make a huge discovery soon on that. If you're wondering why i was here, i came here to understand your era... the "era of ignorance" as we call it... and bring back important facts and beliefs of this time. As you should now assume, the mulitple worlds theory... is not a theory at all... it is very true... it is hard for even our scientists to get a grasp on. Also upon making contact with extra terrestrials, religion will again play a large part in society... I'm not going to go into detail... If you're wondering why i cannot go into detail on many of these subjects, we have rules and policy that we are to follow... we cannot interefere or change another world timeline unless it is on our agenda to do so. I can tell you all these things that will happen... but you are helpless against it anyway, and most people will not believe a word i say (as we have found out from studies). oh and by the way... we still have not harnessed any type of gravity warp on a large scale level... we think of it as our future means of transportation. As of now we use lasers that are positioned on planets to speed up craft as they exit the solar system... you should also start to unravel these means of travel very soon (or has it already happened?) in our worldline we had these things in 2001. So leave you with my trust and my credability, embrace it, or laugh at it, it means nothing to me, as i will not be here in 2 days. Just so you know, i come from the year 2326 in my worldline. God bless, and may man have mercy on himself... final word... be prepared for WW 3... get a good missile defense system or the US will be contaminated for by nuclear waste for 200 years.

TheUnknown said:
I AM a time traveler, ...
Just so you know, i come from the year 2326 in my worldline.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

The six numbers of tomorrow's UK National Lottery will do me nicely...

Garth

Garth said:

Garth
:rofl:

that should be allowed - I don't think it breaks the self-consistency hypothesis!

:rofl:

MF

TheUnknown said:
you just seem to forget, because you believe machines are better than humans...
groan :grumpy: I never ever said that machines are better than humans. You are reading things that are not there and twisting everything.

TheUnknown said:
... remember "it's like saying a circle is something that's circular" quote from you... thats's because a circle is something that is circular in nature with no edges or points, with no beginning or end! a BIOLOGICAL entity.. are you folliwng me sir? is a BIOLOGICAL... that's why it has to be 100% BIOLOGICAL to fit under the definition of BIOLOGICAL entity... and that is also why any circular shape with no points or edges, with no beginning or end... still there? falls under CIRCLE... THANK YOU!
:zzz: look up tautology in the dictionary

TheUnknown said:
just to answer one more of your questions.. this is a quote from you... I'm really done discussing now, because it is getting no where, and you are seeming to forget every past thread that either you or I typed. How can i have a debate if you just continue to ask the same questions over and over again that have already been answered? or go into a state of amnesia and forget everything you've ever said?
What question does this answer?

TheUnknown said:
"humans enjoy the ---->mysteries<---- (THERE IS NO MYSTERY SIR... WHEN YOU CREATE A MACHINE OR A COMPUTER, YOU ENDOW IT WITH EVERYTHING IT WILL BE ALLOWED TO DO)
not necessarily true. No more than when I create a human I endow it with everything it will be allowed to do.

TheUnknown said:
of being alive and biological and they are endowed through lifes natural process with everything we know and enjoy... they start out as sperm and egg, then they develop as an embryo, then they are children, not to smart yet, then they become adults, and they are aware? is this what you mean? do you know any machine that goes through this cycle? " you just replied to this saying i have given no reason why machines cannot share all common bonds with humans, seems you didn't read to well. I think you should really go back and read the last 3 pages, i explained many times over, till my fingers were about to fall off, why humans and machines may never experience the same emotions, feelings, dreams, common bonds, needs. (you should also read that quote.. it would save you some time)
but this is the whole point, my friend, you have NOT explained WHY, you have simply asserted that machines will never be able to do these things, without justifying your reasoning. You might prefer to talk to a brick wall, it would be as useful for you. I can say that a blue sun will rise tomorrow, but the mere fact of me saying it does not make it true. And the mere fact that you say that machines will never be able to do the things that humans can do DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE.

TheUnknown said:
"Machines do not suddenly and miraculously come into existence. Neither do humans. Both are built." ... can i laugh? will YOU ever decipher the difference between being reproduced naturally, and forming inside a mothers womb, from being built by human hand from scrap metal and electricity?
You are reading things into my posts which are not there. I never said that they are built the same way, I just said they are both built :zzz:

TheUnknown said:
or are your stubborn ways shutting down that part of your mind. Excuse me sir... but you are using two different versions of what the word "build" means to you, and trying to bring them together, at any cost (mostly to your humiliation) just to try and prove a theory wrong... i say it's time to let go of your ego, and admit that i am right, and I'm sure 90% of any people that view this page would agree.
I agree, I am wasting my time with you.

I’m off to find someone who makes sense.

MF
:grumpy:

Garth said:

Garth

for such things to occur precicely exact in both our times would contradict and restrain free will. Would you like to know this? money is so important in the "era of ingornace" instead of asking me questions that matter, and possibly greatening your knowledge of the world and it's hpysics, you'd rather ask me about tommorows lotto. oh and by the way, check your news for the latest earthquake that happened today. and read up on the faulty missile defense system that was just addressed by scientists, must i prove myself? my time here is limited, and all you worry about is your ego and your money.

TheUnknown said:
for such things to occur precicely exact in both our times would contradict and restrain free will. Would you like to know this? money is so important in the "era of ingornace" instead of asking me questions that matter, and possibly greatening your knowledge of the world and it's hpysics, you'd rather ask me about tommorows lotto. oh and by the way, check your news for the latest earthquake that happened today. and read up on the faulty missile defense system that was just addressed by scientists, must i prove myself? my time here is limited, and all you worry about is your ego and your money.
What other extraordinary evidence can you offer to support your extraordinary claim?

Garth

if it helps you believe anything i say... i will give a little more knowledge to the quote i made about WW 3... watch china and japan... why is no one intervening in their relationship? is it really ok to let such a large country take over a defensless land?

there seems to be one more thing i can tell you... enlighten those who will otherwise be left behind... those that are tied to religion. in our age we believe in God, as do other entities, but "religion"(for you finger, an idea created and intended to gather a following) has long since been left behind. The obvious belief in a creator and a greater power is accepted universally, religions vary from (the simple civilizations still holding onto "religion")planet to planet and we cannot visit these worlds.. just as we were not intervened with by extra terrestrials because the fear they felt from our religious beliefs, attacks, and mass suicides(which did occur in some cases) on finding out they existed. We have found that it is very common for early civilizations to believe they are the only ones in the universe. We all communicate with a universal communications system. I would also tell you to keep an eye on the Pacific coastline.

Last edited:

ok i noticed this post was a little old, sorry i just signed up, i just put them in order from most replies, i skipped straight to the end because it had so many pages... and the last quotes this guy made were watch the pacific coastline. Is he for real? i mean i know a lot of people fake stuff. but he did predict a couple things, and now there is a lot of siesmic and volcanic activiity ramping up all over the west coast of the US and the east coast of japan... the pacific coastline(s)... hm oh well I'm just interested in these things since i read about John Titot ( who i believe is a fake! ) anyway someone give me some feedback, just curious to what you all think! peace in the middle east and peace for all, let antigravity propulsion systems guide us into the next era of space age technologies and exploration! :)