1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

GR by Hobson - opinions?

1. Mar 15, 2013 #1

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

I'm curious as to how many of you have used this book: https://www.amazon.com/General-Relativity-Introduction-Physicists-Hobson/dp/0521829518
    because me and Jorriss were thinking of getting it. Is it any good? Based on google and amazon previews it looks awesome especially the chapter on the field theoretic view of GR and it seems to have a ton of exercises which is always fun. Any comments on the book and your experiences with it will be appreciated, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2013 #2
    The best book you can ever find on GR is Gravitation by Wheeler but I am sure you have heard of it (in fact you might have read it).

4. Mar 31, 2013 #3
    Gravitation is a classic, but I wouldn't say it was the best book you can find. Many fine GR books have been written in the intervening 40 years.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted