Grad school: what can I study with a B.S in CS and Physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
Carnivroar
Messages
128
Reaction score
1
What fields can I get into with these two degrees?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
That would be CS and physics.
 
Some engineering programs welcome students with Physics degrees. Computer Engineering would be convenient for you. However, you probably have to make up missing courses the first year.

Many other fields are open such as Mathematics (again make up classes), I know physics undergrads who went to Economics for graduate school.

And obviously anything Physics related.
 
twofu said:
I know physics undergrads who went to Economics for graduate school.

That's what I'm interested in. I want to know how broad my options are outside these two fields.
 
My buddy went to Masters program for Econ with very little preparation, so I'm not sure about the PhD in Econ.

Finance programs also take physics undergrads. Out of that, I am not sure what else although I am sure there is.. Google around for a bit, you might find your answer =D
 
Carnivroar said:
What about astronomy?

Of course. Astronomy is a big part of physics. It's one of the sub-fields that a lot of grad students go into. (Astronomy is a bit different from Astrophysics but its similar in the big picture.)
 
twofu said:
Of course. Astronomy is a big part of physics. It's one of the sub-fields that a lot of grad students go into. (Astronomy is a bit different from Astrophysics but its similar in the big picture.)

Great, thank you for the answers.