1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grad school: what can I study with a B.S in CS and Physics?

1. Jul 29, 2011 #1
    What fields can I get into with these two degrees?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 29, 2011 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

That would be CS and physics.

4. Jul 29, 2011 #3
    Some engineering programs welcome students with Physics degrees. Computer Engineering would be convenient for you. However, you probably have to make up missing courses the first year.

Many other fields are open such as Mathematics (again make up classes), I know physics undergrads who went to Economics for graduate school.

And obviously anything Physics related.

5. Jul 29, 2011 #4
    That's what I'm interested in. I want to know how broad my options are outside these two fields.

6. Jul 29, 2011 #5
    My buddy went to Masters program for Econ with very little preparation, so I'm not sure about the PhD in Econ.

Finance programs also take physics undergrads. Out of that, I am not sure what else although I am sure there is.. Google around for a bit, you might find your answer =D

7. Jul 29, 2011 #6
    What about astronomy?

8. Jul 29, 2011 #7
    You can go into almost any science.

9. Jul 29, 2011 #8
    Of course. Astronomy is a big part of physics. It's one of the sub-fields that alot of grad students go into. (Astronomy is a bit different from Astrophysics but its similar in the big picture.)

10. Jul 29, 2011 #9
    Great, thank you for the answers.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook