Understanding Gravity Waves: Detected or Theoretical?

In summary, gravity waves are a predicted phenomenon that occurs in Einstein's theory of General Relativity. They are essentially ripples in the fabric of space-time that are caused by the movement of mass. These waves have been difficult to detect, but the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) is currently working on detecting them. Gravity waves are thought to travel at the speed of light and can be altered or magnified depending on their surroundings. The concept of focusing or magnifying gravity waves along a straight line to infinity is currently being explored.
As far as I know, none of our detectors has observed a gravity wave, never ever.

Any other information?

Reasons to hope this should improve soon?

Space news on Phys.org
Lets say gravity waves/particles move outward like a cone. It would be stronger at the point and weaker as it moved outward and less dense. A light wave moves in a tighter wave simular to a ripple in water. The gravity particle would move faster than c because it is covering more area at the same time as the photon. Explains atomic strong force, space time, ect. Maybe possible to skip time on a gravity wave since time is a function of gravity.

thephoneguy said:
The gravity particle would move faster than c because it is covering more area at the same time as the photon.

No.
Explains atomic strong force, space time, ect.

No.

TalonD said:
can someone explain gravity waves to me? if gravity is only in the presence of mass then how can gravity waves propagate through space in the absence of the presence of mass? Have gravity waves been detected or proven or is it only theory so far?

Sure
I feel I have a handle on the elusive gravity wave...
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=278773

namaste

Raphael