What Is GRE Exam 2005? My Gal Pal Knew

• Testing
  • Thread starter xck
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam Gre
In summary, the conversation is about someone who stumbled upon a book called "GRE Exam 2005 (comes with cd rom)" at Borders and was curious about its purpose. They later found out that it is a test preparation book for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), which is required by many universities for graduate school applications. The person's friend knew about it but failed the exam due to being schizophrenic. The person also mentions that they are a native Californian but would be considered a foreigner in Canada, and wonders if the GRE is offered in British Columbia. They also provide a website for more information about the exam.
xck
I was in Borders the other day for something, and behind the counter I saw a book, GRE Exam 2005 (comes with cd rom). Does anyone know what that is?

It really got my attention and since they had one on the shelf I left with one. It looks like test preparation for some type of test.

My gal pal is the only one so far that knew what it was. She flunked it, but she is schiz part time. I thought it was cool that she even knew what it was.

When I saw GRE my mind of course red it as ERG and of course I had to take it home :devil: I'm glad I did. It seems to be a test help for foreigners. I am a native Californian however I would be a foreigner in Canada. I wonder if this test is offered in BC. Silly question I know but I had to axe.

Sincerely.

Physics news on Phys.org
GRE = Graduate Record Examination. I swear some universities ask US students to take it, I'm not sure. See www.gre.org for more info though.

phast

!Thank you very much :smile:

In the US, the GRE is to grad students (those seeking a Masters/PHD) what the SAT's are for undergrads. Most schools will require a current GRE school along with your application to study there in a graduate program.

FAQ: What Is GRE Exam 2005? My Gal Pal Knew

What is the GRE Exam 2005?

The GRE Exam 2005 is the Graduate Record Examination that was administered in the year 2005. It is a standardized test used for admission to graduate and business schools in the United States and other countries.

What does the GRE Exam 2005 assess?

The GRE Exam 2005 assesses a student's verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing skills. It is designed to measure a student's readiness for graduate-level academic work.

How is the GRE Exam 2005 different from the current GRE exam?

The GRE Exam 2005 is different from the current GRE exam in terms of its format and content. The current GRE exam has undergone several changes since 2005, including the addition of a new section called "Analytical Writing Assessment" and the removal of the "Antonyms" section.

Is the GRE Exam 2005 still accepted by graduate schools?

While some graduate schools may still accept GRE Exam 2005 scores, most schools now require students to take the current version of the GRE exam. It is best to check with the specific schools you are interested in to see their current requirements.

Can I access the GRE Exam 2005 questions and answers?

Unfortunately, the GRE Exam 2005 questions and answers are not publicly available. ETS, the organization that administers the GRE, does not release previous exam questions. However, you can find study materials and practice tests for the current GRE exam to help you prepare.