1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

GRE Physics test prep tips

Tags:
  1. Apr 7, 2004 #1
    Share your experiences about benifits that u got by taking GRE Physics test.
    U can also tell the story about your preperation for the test.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2004 #2
    I am currently preparing to take the test, I use Halliday and Resnick and also Serway for preparation. I have some schaums books to to review things from it.
    I am to take it next nov.

hhegab

PS.
    Pple here who have gone through this experience should help us in this please

4. May 2, 2004 #3
    Physics GRE

HI

Can anyone tell me some reference books and internet links for Physics GRE.

Thanks

Dimitra

5. May 4, 2004 #4
    best thing is to re-read the courses you had studied before in ur undergrad. and try to solve the 3 exams released from ETS.
    you can share me ur opinions.
    as for links,
    www.grephysics.com is a nice link

hhegab

6. May 11, 2004 #5
    Here is a more systematic way to communicate to prepare for the test:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/physicsgre/

Thanks

Dimitra

7. Oct 21, 2004 #6
    Does anybody know where I can get hold of a copy of the official ETS GRE Physics Prep Book? I've tried amazon, ebay and the major bookstores but nobody seem to have them in stock!

8. Oct 21, 2004 #7

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Having an Engineering degree and applying to grad school in Physics, I was required to take the GRE Physics test.

About 3 or 4 days before my test, I found a book - it was either the ETS book or a Schaum's Series book - that basically listed a whole bunch of important results, without going into any of the theory. I quickly went through it to refresh my memory.

I did okay...not great, but not too bad, considering my background. I scored about 800 out of 990 (or about 80 percentile, if I recall correctly).

As I was accepted by more than half the grad schools that I applied to, I'm guessing the score didn't hurt me too badly.

9. Oct 21, 2004 #8

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is this not it ?

10. Oct 21, 2004 #9
    Thanks for that, didn't think of checking on the .com site!! :blushing: I wish they did it on the UK site. Guess I'll just have to wait longer for delivery!

11. Oct 21, 2004 #10
    USD 125 sounds a bit steep for such a book to me though! :uhh:

12. Oct 21, 2004 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, books are way expensive here. But oddly, there was something about $13...on that page - I didn't look carefully to see what that was.

I sometimes buy books from the UK to get them cheaper. :redface:

13. Nov 13, 2004 #12
    Gokul43201, can u give me some names of those places you applied to?

mborn

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?