What is the Activation Sensitivity of the A1302KUA-T HE Sensor in Gauss?

In summary, the individual is not knowledgeable about electronics but has a project involving a HE sensor. They have a question about the activation sensitivity of the HE sensor in Gauss and have provided a link to the product. They will be using a calculator to determine the size magnet needed and are hoping they do not need to purchase different HE sensors for their project. However, more information is needed to provide a complete answer and they should seek the help of a real electrical engineer for circuit design.
zild1221
I know NOTHING about electronics like this. However, I am taking on a small project. I have a question that you can probably answer in half a second.

I bought a few HE sensors, which are on their way. I need to know what activation sensitivity this HE sensor has in Gauss.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?mpart=A1302KUA-T&vendor=620

It gives me mV/G. I will be supplying it 5V from USB.

I will be using this calculator to determine the size magnet I need. The furthest the magnet and HE will be is 1.8-2 inches apart. http://www.kjmagnetics.com/fieldcalculator.asp

I appreciate your help. I am hoping I don't need to purchase different HE's for this build.

Engineering news on Phys.org
2 inches is very far. Magnetic field drops rapidly with distance.

You did not give enough information for a compete answer. The device gives you a sensitivity of say 2 mv/G. If you have 0.5 gauss, then 1 mv. Can you sense 1mv? You will need to build the component into an instrument that includes amplification. I presume that you are not just connecting it to a digital voltmeter with alligator clips.

We can't teach you circuit design in this thread. You need the help of a real EE, not answers from the Internet.

What is Hall Effect Gauss Rating?

Hall Effect Gauss Rating is a measure of the strength of a magnetic field, typically measured in Gauss. It is based on the Hall Effect, which is the creation of a voltage difference across a conductor when it is placed in a magnetic field.

How is Hall Effect Gauss Rating measured?

The Hall Effect Gauss Rating is measured using a Hall Effect sensor, which consists of a thin strip of conductor with a current flowing through it. When placed in a magnetic field, the sensor produces a voltage output that is proportional to the strength of the magnetic field.

What is the significance of Hall Effect Gauss Rating in scientific research?

Hall Effect Gauss Rating is important in a variety of scientific fields, including physics, engineering, and materials science. It is used to measure and understand the strength and behavior of magnetic fields, which can have a significant impact on the properties of materials and electronic devices.

What are some common applications of Hall Effect Gauss Rating?

Hall Effect Gauss Rating is used in a wide range of applications, including magnetic field mapping, non-destructive testing, and electronic compasses. It is also commonly used in the production and quality control of electronic components, such as semiconductors and magnetic sensors.

Are there any limitations to Hall Effect Gauss Rating?

While Hall Effect Gauss Rating is a useful measure of magnetic field strength, it does have some limitations. It is only accurate within a certain range, and can be affected by factors such as temperature and external magnetic fields. Additionally, it may not be suitable for measuring very weak or very strong magnetic fields.