Is Turning 18 a Revolutionary Age for Jimmy P? Happy Birthday, Nephew!

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
In summary, Jimmy's 18th birthday was celebrated with a lot of parties. The drinking and voting age in the UK is unknown, but he is now officially an adult.
Tsu
Gold Member
Happy 18th Birthday, jimmy p!

Happy birthday, nephew! I hope you had a WONDERFUL day! (Hope it was a real CHOPNIK kind of day! :biggrin: :wink: ) Does this mean you are now 'legal' in the UK? (ie. voting/drinking age, etc...)

Physics news on Phys.org
I thought Chopnik's b'day was in March?

But OK, Jimmy - I guess you deserve two! Happy birthday!

I thought chopnik turned 19 a few months ago! :confused:

I don't even see birthdays listed anymore. :confused: :confused:

Son, how old are you?

Chopnik's birthday mystery has been solved!

Someone reopend an old thread from 3-18-03 and chopnik remarked earlier today "Dude, the day after my 18th birthday..."

So, chopnik turned 19 on 3-17-04.

But Happy Birthday again anyway son! :biggrin:

Belated Happy Birthday Wishes, jimmy p, and Premature Happy Birthday wishes for next year!

Thanx now I have 3 birthdays celebrated, last year, this year and next year!
Yes my birthdate is the 17/03/85 which means I am 19... but thanks all the same.. I'm like the queen, i get two birthdays.. But that is all me n the queen have in common...

the queen has 2 birthdays, what a load of crap, i hate being part of the commonwealth

why does the queen hav 2 birthdays?

Well, I KNOW! :biggrin: But I missed his 18th birthday! :biggrin: I wasn't on PF then. So, when I saw it mentioned in that other thread, I just thought I'd start another celebration! What the heck! You can't have too many birthday PARTIES! Right? :biggrin: But, seriously... What is the legal drinking and voting age in the UK? And, for that matter, why DOES the queen have 2 birthdays?? :biggrin:

Hypercase said:
why does the queen hav 2 birthdays?
I think the second one is for whoever it is she means when she uses the royal "we".

The first birthday is her official birthday and her second birthday is just some honourary birthday (Bank Holiday in Gibraltar!) cos she is special.

its all bull****, DOWN WE ROYALTY, VIVE LA REVOLUTION YEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA, VIVE LA RÉPUBLIQUE

why do i always miss people's birthdays?
happy birthday jimmy p!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

i_wish_i_was_smart said:
its all bull****, DOWN WE ROYALTY, VIVE LA REVOLUTION YEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA, VIVE LA RÉPUBLIQUE

Hey... that's stinkin' EURO talk! screw that long live the Queen and her many birthdays.

1. What is the significance of turning 18?

Turning 18 marks the legal transition from being a minor to an adult in many countries. This means that an individual gains certain rights and responsibilities, such as being able to vote, sign contracts, and make their own medical decisions.

2. How should I celebrate my 18th birthday?

There are many ways to celebrate your 18th birthday, depending on your personal preferences. Some ideas include throwing a party, going on a trip, pampering yourself with a spa day, or simply spending quality time with loved ones.

3. What are some fun things I can do now that I'm 18?

As an 18-year-old, you have access to a wider range of activities and experiences. Some fun things you can now do include attending concerts and events, traveling without parental consent, and participating in certain sports and outdoor activities.

4. Do I have to start making important life decisions now that I'm 18?

While turning 18 does come with new responsibilities, you do not have to make all important life decisions right away. Take your time to figure out your goals and aspirations, and make decisions that align with them.

5. How can I make the most out of my 18th year?

There is no one right answer to this question. However, some suggestions include setting achievable goals, trying new things, surrounding yourself with positive influences, and staying true to yourself and your values.