Hath no fury like a dentist scorned

• Thread starter D H
  • Start date
In summary, the story about a dentist pulling out all of her ex-boyfriend's teeth as revenge is highly improbable, according to the American Dental Association's national spokesperson. Most dentists are only able to administer drugs for conscious sedation dentistry, which would mean the ex-boyfriend would have been aware of what was happening during the procedure. Additionally, there was a previous case of a dentist being prosecuted for purposely infecting his patients with AIDS, suggesting that abuse of the doctor-patient relationship is not unheard of.
D H
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Suppose your girlfriend was a dentist. Suppose you broke up with her because you found someone better. Suppose you had a toothache a couple days after the breakup. Would you go to your ex to fix your problem?

Marek Olszewski did. This made his new girlfriend break up with him because "I can't date a man who doesn't have any teeth!"

Article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/28/dentist-pulls-all-exs-teeth-out_n_1461288.html

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow. The amount of ridiculous in that story has reached a critical mass.

:rofl:

"I tried to be professional and detach myself from my emotions," she told the news site. "But when I saw him lying there I just thought, 'What a b-----d.'"

For the life of me, I can't think of anything starting with b and ending in d that would deserve censoring.

Just another reason to fear Dentists!

Mackowiak is under investigation for medical malpractice and abusing the trust of a patient. She could face three years in jail for the alleged stunt. Olszewski plans on saving money to get "indents or something.

That is crazy. I would be filing criminal assault charges and civil charges.

QuarkCharmer said:
For the life of me, I can't think of anything starting with b and ending in d that would deserve censoring.

An illegitimate child.

Ivan Seeking said:
An illegitimate child.
Ah. I guess my vocabulary is lacking in that area.

D H said:
Suppose your girlfriend was a dentist. Suppose you broke up with her because you found someone better. Suppose you had a toothache a couple days after the breakup. Would you go to your ex to fix your problem?

Marek Olszewski did. This made his new girlfriend break up with him because "I can't date a man who doesn't have any teeth!"

Article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/28/dentist-pulls-all-exs-teeth-out_n_1461288.html

April Fool's day? :eek:

Too late for that.

I feel sorry but I laughed. Common sense is that when you break up with your girlfriend because, "I found someone better", and get away that instant unscathed, you don't turn around and go seek medical treatment from her.

I am just wondering how he said, "The b--ch emptied my mouth"

phoenix:\\ said:
I feel sorry but I laughed. Common sense is that when you break up with your girlfriend because, "I found someone better", and get away that instant unscathed, you don't turn around and go seek medical treatment from her.

I laughed too. Then I realized I would probably have done the same as him, for the same reasons. :uhh: *checks to see if he still has all his teeth*

And the dentist's assistant would just let this happen? And assuming he wasn't put to sleep, he didn't see any of his teeth being pulled out?

Something doesn't add up.

Nano-Passion said:
And the dentist's assistant would just let this happen? And assuming he wasn't put to sleep, he didn't see any of his teeth being pulled out?

Something doesn't add up.
It's in the article. He was knocked unconcious. The psycho dentist locked the door so on one could get into see what she was doing.

There is a reason articles are posted, you should read them.

Evo said:
It's in the article. He was knocked unconcious. The psycho dentist locked the door so on one could get into see what she was doing.

There is a reason articles are posted, you should read them.

I did read it. I just missed on that piece of detail though. This story just sounded too crazy to be true. And honestly, I think she deserves more than just three years in jail. Imagine having 36 of your teeth pulled out. Its an act of insanity. It is more than just stolen possession.

Nano-Passion said:
Imagine having 36 of your teeth pulled out.

I couldn't imagine having 36 of my teeth pulled out.

For crying out loud! Not only did she pull out all of his teeth, but she shipped them off to some guy in India whose using them to pull cruise ships?!

How much worse can it get?!

I think the guy can get Darwin's award :redface:

No one in his right might will dump someone and then go ask for some help.

Clearly he didn't realize she's a psycho. All things considered, it's a good thing he broke up with her. Sooner or later he was bound to lose another body part in his sleep.

The article didn't even mention the worst part of this. You should have seen the bill!

Not that what she did was okay on any level, but I don't think he should've gone to her in the first place. Why even take the chance?

Pengwuino said:
Wow. The amount of ridiculous in that story has reached a critical mass.
It's like a parody of human stupidity, what you'd expect to find in a movie by Quentin Tarantino or the Cohen brothers, not in real life.

If you ask me, she pulled both of your legs too.

All I'll say is he should be thankful she's not an andrologist (male urologist). :biggrin:

Curious3141 said:
All I'll say is he should be thankful she's not an andrologist (male urologist). :biggrin:

:eek: Agreed!

Curious3141 said:

Gah. Thanks for putting that image into my head. -_-

Jimmy Snyder said:
It's a hoax.

MSNBC

I had that feeling, I should have trusted it!

Everything just felt weird, the fact that the dentist locked the door and the nurse wasn't there to do anything about it. And the fact that the dentist had sleeping agents seemed odd to me (though possible).

Jimmy Snyder said:
It's a hoax.

MSNBC
Spoil sport! :biggrin:

Jimmy Snyder said:
It's a hoax.

MSNBC
The American Dental Association’s national spokesperson, David Johnson Jr., said the story of Maćkowiak’s revenge was highly improbable -- not just as an unprecedented abuse of the doctor-patient relationship but because most dentists are equipped to administer drugs only for conscious sedation dentistry. That would mean the ex-boyfriend would know his teeth were being extracted as it was happening, rather than realizing it after he arrived home.
These assertions do not make the story improbable. Any dentist who can remove wisdom teeth would have the means to put a patient completely under, and there was that case of the dentist prosecuted for deliberately passing aids to his patients a few years back as a precedent for abuse of the doctor-patient relationship. Add the fact of Lorena Bobbit to the mix and I didn't find the story too outlandish to believe.

1. What does the phrase "Hath no fury like a dentist scorned" mean?

The phrase means that a dentist who has been wronged or mistreated can become extremely angry and vengeful, as they have the power to cause pain and discomfort with their tools.

2. Where does the phrase "Hath no fury like a dentist scorned" originate from?

The phrase is a play on the famous quote "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" by English playwright William Congreve. It has been adapted to fit the dental profession.

3. Is there any truth to the phrase "Hath no fury like a dentist scorned"?

While dentists are trained professionals who prioritize their patients' well-being, it is not uncommon for them to feel anger or frustration when faced with difficult or uncooperative patients. However, it is unlikely that they would take any harmful or vengeful actions.

4. How can I avoid angering my dentist?

The best way to avoid angering your dentist is to maintain good oral hygiene and attend regular check-ups. It is also important to communicate openly and honestly with your dentist about any concerns or fears you may have.

5. Are there any other phrases that are similar to "Hath no fury like a dentist scorned"?

Yes, there are variations of the phrase that replace "dentist" with other professions, such as "Hath no fury like a hairstylist scorned" or "Hath no fury like a chef scorned". These phrases all suggest that professionals in these fields have the potential for intense anger when provoked.