Have you ever considered getting a tattoo?

• Thread starter Leah
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tattoo
In summary, the conversation revolved around tattoos and the speakers' personal experiences and opinions about them. One speaker shared their seagull tattoo and how they got it while drinking at a pub. Another mentioned having panther tattoos and considering getting a Celtic knot design. They also discussed the idea of ruining their natural perfection by getting tattoos. The conversation then shifted to the topic of military tattoos and their meaning, with one speaker revealing their plans to get a castle tattoo as a tribute to their time as an army engineer. The conversation ended with a mention of a friend's caduceus tattoo and the potential significance of tattoos in recognizing one's body after war. The final comment alluded to the complexity of the French language and one speaker's decision not
Leah
I have a tattoo! It is a seagull on my back right shoulder. I was about 27 years old when I got it. I was drinking in the local pub and started to talk with a guy about getting one and the next thing I knew I was at the tattoo parlour. It's not perfect and needs to be colored in. I still like it though.

Physics news on Phys.org
And ruin perfection? of course I have no tattoos.

:blushing: Yes, panther on each arm plus a Celtic knot.

tribdog said:
And ruin perfection? of course I have no tattoos.

I guess it (would) be a shame to have to shave some of that fur.

Not so far. I have considered it but never had the money. I've drawn some designs but am not so happy with them yet. Haven't drawn anything in years now though.

No I don't. I have nothing against them as long as they are tasteful but I have never been able to think of something I want bad enough that I would want it on me forever. I may get one someday or I may never get one, just one of those things. I'm to indecisive so I probably never will haha.

A castle, I was an army engineer for a bunch of years...Thinking about adding to the collection, but not sure what to get.

Dr Transport said:
A castle, I was an army engineer for a bunch of years...Thinking about adding to the collection, but not sure what to get.

That's an interesting one. My best friend was a Corpsman and got a caduceus.

A tattoo is meant to recognize my body if too mutilated at war. I am peaceful.

humanino said:
A tattoo is meant to recognize my body if too mutilated at war. I am peaceful.

You have a military tattoo for identifying your body?

edit: wait.. never mind. I think I understand now.
you strange french people with your strange grammar. ;-p

TheStatutoryApe said:
you strange french people with your strange grammar. ;-p
My bad. :redface:

I should make it clear that, I know more than one girl with a very nice tattoo. I just don't feel like having one myself, one of the reasons being the historical context.

1. What is the process of getting a tattoo?

The process of getting a tattoo involves the use of a needle to inject ink into the dermis layer of the skin. The tattoo artist will create a design or stencil on the skin and then use the needle to fill in the design with ink. The process can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, depending on the size and complexity of the tattoo.

2. Is getting a tattoo painful?

The level of pain experienced when getting a tattoo varies from person to person. Some people may find it to be a minor discomfort, while others may find it to be more painful. The location of the tattoo on the body can also affect the level of pain. Areas with more nerve endings, such as the ribs or feet, may be more painful to tattoo.

3. Are there any risks or side effects of getting a tattoo?

Yes, there are some potential risks and side effects associated with getting a tattoo. These include infection, allergic reactions, and scarring. It is important to go to a reputable and professional tattoo artist who follows proper hygiene and safety practices to minimize these risks. It is also important to properly care for the tattoo during the healing process to avoid any complications.

4. Can tattoos cause health problems or affect medical procedures?

In most cases, tattoos do not cause any health problems or interfere with medical procedures. However, if a person has a compromised immune system or certain medical conditions, getting a tattoo may pose a greater risk. Additionally, some medical procedures, such as MRI scans, may be affected by the presence of tattoos. It is important to inform your doctor or healthcare provider about any tattoos you have before undergoing any medical procedures.

5. Can tattoos be removed if I change my mind?

Yes, tattoos can be removed, but it is a more difficult and costly process than getting a tattoo. Options for tattoo removal include laser removal, surgical removal, and dermabrasion. However, these methods may not completely remove the tattoo and can also cause scarring. It is important to carefully consider your decision before getting a tattoo.