Having an Administrator Account

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how to set up an administrator account in Windows 8. The person is following a guide but has been unsuccessful so far. They inquire about how to log in with an administrative account and how to access the Metro/Modern User Interface. They are directed to follow guidelines provided by Microsoft to log in as an administrator.
Computer science news on Phys.org
Step two shows how to check your user accounts. Are any of them set up as an admin?

I am at user accounts and see that it is written as "Local Account Administrator password protected."

Thank you.

Metro/Moudern User Interface? What is it, and how can I enter it?

Thank you.

1. What is an administrator account?

An administrator account is a user account on a computer system that has the highest level of privileges and control. This account allows users to make changes to system settings, install and remove software, and manage other user accounts.

2. How do I create an administrator account?

To create an administrator account, you will need to have an existing user account with administrative privileges. From there, you can go to the user account settings and create a new account with administrator privileges. Alternatively, you can also use the command prompt to create an administrator account.

3. What are the benefits of having an administrator account?

Having an administrator account allows you to have full control and access to your computer system. This is especially useful for managing and troubleshooting any issues that may arise. It also allows you to install and remove software, change system settings, and make other important changes to your system.

4. Can I change my standard user account to an administrator account?

Yes, you can change your standard user account to an administrator account if you have the necessary permissions. You can do this by going to the user account settings and changing the account type to administrator. However, note that you will need to have an existing administrator account to make this change.

5. Is it safe to always use an administrator account?

No, it is not recommended to always use an administrator account. This is because having full privileges and control can also make your computer system vulnerable to malware and other security threats. It is best to use a standard user account for everyday activities and only switch to an administrator account when necessary.