Heat Capacity of Common Liquids | URGENT HELP Needed

In summary, the conversation is about the specific heat capacity of various substances and the urgency of finding the answer. The specific heat capacity values for water and ammonia are provided, along with a suggestion to easily find the values for other substances by looking them up online.
big bear
URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE REPOND.What is the specific heat capacity of distilled water,whole milk,household ammonia,squeezed lemon juice,liquid antacid,100%grapefruit juice and baking soda? The specific heat capacity of a substance is in J/g.Celcius. I have searched many search engines on the internet but none of them could provide me the answer.Please submit me the answer asap. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
thank you if u responded to my question

Here is two:

Specific heat capacity water - 4.187 kJ/kgK
Ammonia 0.037 kJ/(mol

Its very easy to find, if you look up the substance like ammonia, just look under thermal properties.

Related to Heat Capacity of Common Liquids | URGENT HELP Needed

1. What is heat capacity?

Heat capacity is the amount of heat energy required to raise the temperature of a substance by one degree Celsius. It is measured in joules per degree Celsius (J/°C).

2. Why is heat capacity important?

Heat capacity is important because it helps us understand how much heat energy a substance can absorb before its temperature changes. It is also useful in determining the amount of energy needed to heat or cool a substance.

3. How is heat capacity of liquids measured?

Heat capacity of liquids is typically measured using a calorimeter, which is a device that can accurately measure the heat absorbed or released by a substance. The substance is placed in the calorimeter and heated or cooled, while the change in temperature is recorded. The heat capacity can then be calculated using the formula Q = mcΔT, where Q is the heat energy, m is the mass of the substance, and ΔT is the change in temperature.

4. What are some examples of common liquids and their heat capacities?

Water has a heat capacity of 4.18 J/g°C, which is relatively high compared to other liquids. Other common liquids and their heat capacities include ethanol (2.44 J/g°C), olive oil (1.9 J/g°C), and mercury (0.14 J/g°C).

5. How does the heat capacity of liquids vary with temperature?

The heat capacity of liquids typically increases with temperature. This is because as the temperature of a substance increases, its molecules vibrate more and require more energy to continue increasing in temperature. However, some liquids may exhibit a decrease in heat capacity at very low temperatures, due to changes in the molecular structure of the substance.