Heat Transfer (Vetical Plane wall)

In summary, the conversation is about seeking advice on how to solve a question related to natural convection. The problem seems to involve using pure conduction through a wall and insulation, with only radiative transfer on the outside and no resistance on the inside.
Latios1314
Hi Guys, can I get some advice on how do I get started on the question?

I'm guessing that natural convection is the key to solving the question. but i have no idea on how to solve it.

Attachments

• 13100003.jpg
    13100003.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 438
Physics news on Phys.org
Latios1314 said:
Hi Guys, can I get some advice on how do I get started on the question?

I'm guessing that natural convection is the key to solving the question. but i have no idea on how to solve it.
My interpretation of the intent of this problem is to use pure conduction through the wall and insulation, and only radiative transfer on the outside, with no resistance on the inside.

1. What is heat transfer?

Heat transfer is the process of transferring thermal energy from one object or medium to another. This can occur through conduction, convection, or radiation.

2. What is a vertical plane wall?

A vertical plane wall is a flat surface that is oriented vertically, meaning it is standing upright and perpendicular to the ground.

3. How does heat transfer occur in a vertical plane wall?

Heat transfer in a vertical plane wall can occur through conduction, where heat is transferred through direct contact between the wall and another object, or through radiation, where heat is transferred through electromagnetic waves.

4. What factors affect heat transfer in a vertical plane wall?

The thickness and material of the wall, as well as the temperature difference between the two sides of the wall, can affect the rate of heat transfer in a vertical plane wall.

5. How is heat transfer in a vertical plane wall calculated?

The rate of heat transfer through a vertical plane wall can be calculated using the Fourier's Law equation: Q = (kAΔT)/L, where Q is the rate of heat transfer, k is the thermal conductivity of the material, A is the surface area of the wall, ΔT is the temperature difference, and L is the thickness of the wall.