Hello I am confused calculating torque

In summary, the conversation discusses an attached image with a 50 kg weight and a rotating link around a red hinge point. The angle is shown and the person urgently needs help calculating the torque about the red hinge point. The conversation also mentions posting the question in a homework forum with a provided template and showing effort in understanding the question.
choudhari.mayu
PLz find the attached image. Each link weight is given.

the 50 kg weight with link rotates about the red hinge point.

angle is as shown.

please help me out its urgent. need to calculate the torque about the red hinge point.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 455
Physics news on Phys.org
You can assume link distances as black-x red-y and square: z x z

Homework and homework-style questions should be posted in the appropriate homework forum. Please repost your question there and follow the template provided when you click "New Post". Show whatever work you've managed to do and clearly state where you are having problems. Remember that simply saying "I don't know where to start" is not sufficient. You must show that you've made an effort to understand the question.

Likes 1 person

1. What is torque?

Torque is the measure of the force that causes an object to rotate about an axis. It is a combination of force and distance from the axis of rotation.

2. How do I calculate torque?

To calculate torque, you multiply the force applied to an object by the distance from the axis of rotation. The formula is T = F x d, where T is torque, F is force, and d is distance.

3. What units is torque measured in?

Torque is typically measured in newton-meters (Nm) or foot-pounds (ft-lb).

4. What is the difference between clockwise and counterclockwise torque?

Clockwise torque refers to a force that causes an object to rotate in a clockwise direction, while counterclockwise torque causes an object to rotate in a counterclockwise direction. The direction of the torque depends on the direction in which the force is applied.

5. Why is torque important?

Torque is important because it helps us understand the rotational motion of objects and is essential in many engineering and scientific applications, such as designing machines and understanding how forces act on objects. It also plays a crucial role in the operation of vehicles and machinery.