HELP Assignment due in an hours

• Thread starter kara
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Assignment
In summary, the conversation discusses two physics problems - one involving a gold ball being hit at an angle and the other involving a motorcycle and car at a traffic light. For the first problem, the initial speed, time in air, and height of the ball's landing point are requested. For the second problem, the time when the car is closest to the motorcycle, the instant rate of the car stopping, and the distance traveled by the motorcycle are requested. The conversation also includes equations to solve for these values.
kara
HELP ! Assignment due in an hours

A gold ball is hit from ground @ 25* to the horizontal. When it lands, it has a velocity of 20 m/s @ 30* below horizontal.
A) find initial speed
B) time that ball is in air
C) height of landing pt. relative to start pt, which may be positive or negative

Physics news on Phys.org
i've got another one too..
A motorcycle is stationary at traffic light. At t=0s, light turns green and it accelerates at 3m/s2 when light turns gree, a car is 40 m behind the motorcycle and traveling at 15m/s. At that instant, car slows down at a constant rate so it is never closer than 5 m to motorcyle.
A) time when car is closest to motorcycle
B) instant rate of car stopping
C) distance traveled by motorcycle from light turning green to tim in A)

RE: See above post.

1/2at2 - 1/2(1.5)t2 + 15t -35.0 = 0 what do i do from there

a = (3t-15.0)/t is what i got for a
Now i need to sub that into above to solve for t

i suggest setting two equation one for motorcycle and one for the car then combine the two equation 1 = equation 2 and solve for T i believe.

1. What should I do if I need help with my assignment that is due in an hour?

If you need help with your assignment due in an hour, the first thing you should do is reach out to your professor or teaching assistant. They may be able to provide you with some guidance or extensions. You can also seek help from classmates or tutors, or try searching online for resources related to your assignment topic.

2. How can I avoid procrastination and complete my assignment on time?

To avoid procrastination, it is important to create a schedule and stick to it. Break down your assignment into smaller, manageable tasks and set deadlines for each. It may also help to eliminate distractions and find a quiet and comfortable workspace to focus on your assignment.

3. What should I do if I don't understand the instructions for the assignment?

If you don't understand the instructions for your assignment, don't hesitate to ask for clarification from your professor or teaching assistant. You can also try searching online for similar assignments or examples to get a better understanding. It is important to have a clear understanding of the instructions before starting your assignment.

4. Can I get an extension for my assignment due in an hour?

It depends on your professor's policies and the circumstances. If you have a valid reason for needing an extension, such as an illness or family emergency, reach out to your professor as soon as possible to explain the situation. They may be willing to give you a short extension or provide alternative options.

5. How can I ensure the quality of my assignment if I am short on time?

If you are short on time, try to prioritize the most important aspects of the assignment, such as the main points or arguments. You can also ask a friend or classmate to review your work for any obvious mistakes. However, it is important to try your best to complete the assignment to the best of your ability, even if you are short on time.