Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help finding good books/websites

1. May 17, 2008 #1

I just recently graduated with my bachlor's in mechanical engineering. One of the possible career paths I'm heavily considering also does much work on the electrical side of commercial building. Basically since I'm an ME my electronics skills are a bit rusty and I'd like to start brushing up on these skills as well as the lingo/language used with in this field before I actually start (they also offer classes to aid in this but I'd like to start out now). So if anyone has any good websites or books they may be of aid to me I'd truly appreciate the help.

2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2008 #2
    Any suggestions? It be much appreciated...
  4. May 18, 2008 #3

Science Advisor

Buy a copy of the current version of the NEC.

5. May 21, 2008 #4
    Go to ocw.mit.edu and go through some of the EE courses. Some even have video lectures. Also, I remember Berkeley had a few good video lecture sets for EE. I forget the url, though.
  6. May 26, 2008 #5
    join orkutcom, its an online community and than search for Engineer Books, lots of websites with alot of books
  7. May 27, 2008 #6

Staff: Mentor

I agree. It's pretty boring reading, but it's the bible for commercial electrical installation rules and practices.

This is the basic electronics book that I recommend:

Read it cover-to-cover, and you will have a good, practical understanding of basic electronics (both analog and digital electronics). It's one of the common 1st year EE texts.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?