1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help in a channel coding question

1. Feb 12, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Consider a particular channel coder that has a generator matrix G =[1 1 1 1 1]
    1 -Generate all the allowable codewords for c . What do you think this code is called?
    2- What is the minimum distance for this codeword? Describe how it might work to correct errors.

2. Relevant equations

c=m*G = [m*p m*I]

3. The attempt at a solution
    I know the 1st part for the question which is 2 allowable codewords 00000 , 11111 . but i tried looking for what these codes are called I couldn't find a name for them ! or is he meaning the name of the channel coder ?
    the 2nd part I got the minimum distance to be 5 since that we only have 2 allowable code and the change in them is 5 , I don't know how to describe how they might correct an error so if u could please help me in this part as well .

Please notify me if u think my answers are wrong as well

many thanks

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?