Help in choosing Israeli academic institute

In summary, the person is planning to start learning physics and math for their undergraduate degree in October 2016 with the goal of advancing to theoretical research and obtaining a Doctor degree, potentially working with international organizations like Cern. They are considering studying in Israel at universities such as Hebrew University, Tel Aviv University, or the Technion, and do not need to take the Psychrometric exam due to having a diploma that meets the criteria. They are debating between studying only physics at the Technion or pursuing a more practical field like engineering. They prefer to study in their own country but may consider studying in other countries. It is unclear if they are planning to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree. They have heard good things about the physics department at Tel
DaniV
In the next semester (October 2016) I want to start learning physics with preferation for learning in a program that including two subjects- physics and math for the 1st degree.
My will it`s to advance to theoretical research and to get a Doctor degree, even co-operate with international organization such as Cern for my future research.

I am living in Israel and want to study there,
my best options are: Hebrew university,
Tel Aviv university and the Technion.
I have a diploma (Bagrut) that standing in the criterions
and i even not need to do Psychrometric exam only a english test (Amir).
I hear that the technion is the best for technical and physics research but their study is focused only on one subject program that including only physics.
But yet the technions level isn't getting far from those other university in their international achievments in the research pattern.
Or should I give up on my dreams and trying to test the psychometric exam and learn more realistic subject such as machine enginerring or electric enginerring, and be an enginner and earn for a living?

Physics news on Phys.org
DaniV said:
In the next semester (October 2016) I want to start learning physics with preferation for learning in a program that including two subjects- physics and math for the 1st degree.
My will it`s to advance to theoretical research and to get a Doctor degree, even co-operate with international organization such as Cern for my future research.

I am living in Israel and want to study there,
my best options are: Hebrew university,
Tel Aviv university and the Technion.
I have a diploma (Bagrut) that standing in the criterions
and i even not need to do Psychrometric exam only a english test (Amir).
I hear that the technion is the best for technical and physics research but their study is focused only on one subject program that including only physics.
But yet the technions level isn't getting far from those other university in their international achievments in the research pattern.
Or should I give up on my dreams and trying to test the psychometric exam and learn more realistic subject such as machine enginerring or electric enginerring, and be an enginner and earn for a living?

Are you ruling out other studying in other countries? Just to know where you stand.

WWGD said:
Are you ruling out other studying in other countries? Just to know where you stand.
I prefer to study in my own country, I don't plan on studying in other countries yet, but I won't rul out for suggestions in other countries.

DaniV said:
I prefer to study in my own country, I don't plan on studying in other countries yet, but I won't rul out for suggestions in other countries.
And you are going for an undergraduate degree next October, or a graduate degree?

I think I have attended talks by professors from Tel Aviv university, I am under the impression they have a strong physics department.

If you are talking about graduate programs, the Weitzmann institute is most likely the best place. They have some great people there, I know of a lot of people in my field there that are very well regarded and also of postdocs who did their grad work over there.

It will help if you know your area of main interest, though this is not likely and I don't think really
necessary at an undergraduate level, where your goal is to get your feet wet. If you are doing graduate
work, look for a prof. in your area of interest and contact him/her.

1. How do I choose the best Israeli academic institute for my field of study?

The best way to choose an academic institute in Israel is to research the rankings and reputation of the universities in your field of study. Consider factors such as faculty expertise, research opportunities, and the overall academic environment. You can also reach out to current students or alumni for their personal experiences.

2. What are some of the top universities in Israel?

Some of the top universities in Israel include the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Tel Aviv University, and the Weizmann Institute of Science. These universities are highly ranked for their academic programs and research opportunities.

3. Is there a significant difference between public and private universities in Israel?

Yes, there is a difference between public and private universities in Israel. Public universities are funded by the government and tend to have larger student populations and more diverse programs. Private universities, on the other hand, often have smaller class sizes and specialized programs.

4. Are there any specific admission requirements for international students in Israeli universities?

Each university in Israel may have its own specific admission requirements for international students. Generally, international students will need to provide proof of their academic qualifications, proficiency in the language of instruction, and any necessary entrance exams.

5. How do I apply for scholarships or financial aid for studying in an Israeli academic institute?

Many Israeli universities offer scholarships and financial aid opportunities for international students. You can check with your chosen university for any specific scholarships available and their application process. You can also research external scholarship options from organizations such as the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Jewish Agency for Israel.