How Can I Get Help with a Comsol Simulation for Nanoparticles?

In summary: I will be happy to help you with your project if you are interested.In summary, Tom suggests that you use Comsol if you want to simulate a solar cell with nanoparticles inside it. He also suggests that you go through tutorials at the COMSOL website and that you research articles on nanoparticles and perovskite solar cells.
Abrar
TL;DR Summary
Hi...Everyone.I would like to simulate a solar cell with nanoparticle inside it in comsol.Can anyone help me regarding this???I am not expert in comsol.So,if you can give me any link from where I can get help in this issue,it will be so much helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Abrar said:
Summary:: Hi...Everyone.I would like to simulate a solar cell with nanoparticle inside it in comsol.Can anyone help me regarding this?I am not expert in comsol.So,if you can give me any link from where I can get help in this issue,it will be so much helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Which version of COMSOL are you using? What simulations have you done so far? How long have you been using/learning COMSOL and other simulation packages?

What tutorials have you gone through at the COMSOL website so far?

https://www.comsol.com/models

1595696669204.png

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Which version of COMSOL are you using? What simulations have you done so far? How long have you been using/learning COMSOL and other simulation packages?

What tutorials have you gone through at the COMSOL website so far?

https://www.comsol.com/models

View attachment 266843
Thank you for your reply.I am using comsol multiphysics 5.4.I am new at it.Not have done so much simulations yet.Have done some primary simulations like optical scattering of a gold nano sphere.Actually,it’s my thesis topic in university.The topic is about efficiency of a nanoparticle in solar cell.My professor have asked me to use comsol in this.For this, I need instruction that how can I start to simulate solar cell having a nano particle in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abrar said:
Actually,it’s my thesis topic in university.The topic is about efficiency of a nanoparticle in solar cell
Can you say more about this? Nanoparticles where in a solar cell? What kind of solar cell? (Silicon? Some other materials?) Thanks. :smile:

berkeman said:
Can you say more about this? Nanoparticles where in a solar cell? What kind of solar cell? (Silicon? Some other materials?) Thanks. :smile:
Nanoparticle inside the solar cell.Like there will be different layers in the solar cell.Nano particle will be there and inhence the efficiency of the solar cell.We will use different kinds of nanoparticle like Au,Ag,Al etc and will compare between them that which one is more efficient.Then we can also chamge the absorber of the solar cell.We can use Si,GaAs and then compare between them also.That's our main idea.Thank you for your reply.

Tom.G said:
Hint for after you get thru the Comsol hurdle:
There have been a few recent articles describing using nanoparticles in perovskite solar cells.

https://www.google.com/search?&q=nanoparticles+perovskite+solar+cells

Cheers,
Tom
Thank you so much for your reply.I have also gone thru several articles and papers and made an idea that what I will do in my thesis.But the problem is to use the comsol.As I am new at it,I don’tknow exactly how to design nanoparticle in a solar cell in comsol.It will be helpful for me if you can provide any link regarding this comsol simulation where I can get help in this.

Unfortunately I've never used Comsol nor know anything about it. However a Google search turned up over 200 000 finds!
https://www.google.com/search?&q=comsol+multiphysics+nanoparticles

Hopefully someone that has used Comsol will see this thread and jump in. With 200 000 finds we will all be old and gray looking for 'The Right One'.

Cheers,
Tom

p.s. Sounds like an interesting project, that could be a lifetime endeavor.

Tom.G said:
Unfortunately I've never used Comsol nor know anything about it. However a Google search turned up over 200 000 finds!
https://www.google.com/search?&q=comsol+multiphysics+nanoparticles

Hopefully someone that has used Comsol will see this thread and jump in. With 200 000 finds we will all be old and gray looking for 'The Right One'.

Cheers,
Tom

p.s. Sounds like an interesting project, that could be a lifetime endeavor.
It’s okay.Thank you so much.

1. How do I set up a Comsol simulation?

To set up a Comsol simulation, you will first need to open the Comsol software and select the type of physics you want to model. Then, define the geometry of your simulation and assign material properties. Next, set up the boundary conditions and any other necessary parameters. Finally, run the simulation and analyze the results.

2. What are the most common errors encountered when running a Comsol simulation?

Some common errors when running a Comsol simulation include incorrect boundary conditions, convergence issues, and errors in the geometry or material properties. It is important to thoroughly check all inputs and troubleshoot any errors that may arise.

3. How do I interpret the results of a Comsol simulation?

The results of a Comsol simulation can be interpreted by analyzing the output data and visualizing it using graphs, plots, or animations. It is important to compare the results to the expected behavior and to validate the simulation against experimental data if possible.

4. Can I use Comsol for all types of simulations?

Comsol is a versatile software that can be used for a wide range of simulations in various fields such as physics, chemistry, engineering, and more. However, it is important to ensure that the software has the necessary physics and capabilities for your specific simulation needs.

5. How can I improve the accuracy of my Comsol simulation?

To improve the accuracy of a Comsol simulation, you can refine the mesh, adjust the solver settings, and validate the simulation against experimental data. It is also important to carefully select and input accurate material properties and boundary conditions.