Help-PIC 18f simulation in Proteus

• Thread starter hassanjaved
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Simulation
In summary, the speaker is having trouble simulating a code for pic18f550 in proteus. They are experiencing an error related to clock frequency and suspect it may be due to the configuration bits. They are looking for suggestions for an easy to use and free simulator for pic 18f.
hassanjaved
I am trying to simulate the attatched code for pic18f550 in proteus.Pin 20 of the port D is supposed to toggle after some time delay.Now when I try to simulate, proteus gives an error related to clock frequency, which can be set in the edit dialogue box.
Now,i don't know much about configuration bits(just started learning pic18) and I suspect it has some thing to do with the configuration bits and I have to set stuff accordingly in proteus.
Please help me.
It would be great if you could suggest some easy to use and free simulator for pic 18f.
Thank you very much.

Attachments

• media-pic18f-com.pdf
    20.2 KB · Views: 251
Engineering news on Phys.org

1. What is Proteus?

Proteus is a software tool used for simulation and design of electronic circuits. It is commonly used by engineers and scientists for developing and testing electronic systems.

2. What is Help-PIC 18f simulation in Proteus?

Help-PIC 18f simulation is a feature in Proteus that allows users to simulate and test electronic circuits that use PIC 18f microcontrollers. It provides a virtual environment for testing and debugging the functioning of the circuit.

3. How do I simulate Help-PIC 18f in Proteus?

To simulate Help-PIC 18f in Proteus, you need to first design your circuit using the schematic editor. Then, you can add the PIC 18f microcontroller to your circuit and configure its properties. Once done, you can run the simulation and observe the behavior of your circuit.

4. Can I use Help-PIC 18f simulation in Proteus for educational purposes?

Yes, Proteus is commonly used in educational settings for teaching electronic circuit design and simulation. The Help-PIC 18f simulation feature can be a useful tool for students to understand the functioning of microcontrollers and their integration into electronic circuits.

5. Are there any limitations of using Help-PIC 18f simulation in Proteus?

While Proteus is a powerful tool for electronic circuit simulation, there are some limitations to using the Help-PIC 18f simulation feature. For example, it may not accurately reflect the real-life behavior of the circuit due to certain simplifications and assumptions made during the simulation process.