1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Help! Science Fair 1 Week Away

1. Jan 21, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

The Science fair is only a week away, and i haven't really started my project. It is which factor affects the strength of an electromagnet the most. The factors I am using so far are number of coils, diameter of core, thickness of wire, and voltage of power source.
    I want to do well in the science fair, and I just need advice from you guys about how I can make this project stand out.

2. Relevant equationsnone

3. The attempt at a solution

I just need suggestions as to what you guys would do if you were in my shoes.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2010 #2

kuruman

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I can only speak for myself and not for the other "guys." If I were in your shoes, I would read about electromagnets on the web and perhaps buy or borrow a physics book that I can understand and that describes the working principles of electromagnets. Once I understand the basic principles, I would go to the hardware store and buy whatever supplies I need to make one and see what it does and how. I would also start all this much sooner than a week before the project is due.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook