What was Dan’s final velocity at this time?

In summary, Dan started from rest and ran a distance of 6.0 x 10^1 m in 8 seconds. His final velocity was 7.5 m/s and his acceleration was 0.9375 m/s^2.
rhxoehwhfh
Dan starts from rest and started running for a distance of 6.0 x 10(power of 1) m in 8 s. [4 Marks]

a) What was Dan’s final velocity at this time?
6*10 = 60 -> 60/8 = 7.5
7.5m/s <-- is this right?

b) What was the acceleration of Dan?

7.5-0 divided by 8 = 0.9375
so 0.9375m/s squared

is question a and b right?... Can anyone please help me...

Physics news on Phys.org
Can anyone help me with this too please? thanks T.T

anyone...

11. a) 60m in 8 sec -> 7.5 m/s
b)d=60m t= 8 v(I)= 0

60m= 32a -> a= 60/32

acceleration -> 1.875 m/s squared

is it right?

(b) seems fine.. (assuming constant acceleration)
why don't you try for (a) in a similar fashion!

I think you had it right the first time for part b, part a looks fine. What is acceleration? Change in velocity over change in time right?

thankyou everybody

1. What is meant by "Dan's final velocity"?

Final velocity refers to the speed and direction at which an object is moving at the end of a given time period. It is usually measured in meters per second (m/s) or kilometers per hour (km/h).

2. How is final velocity calculated?

Final velocity can be calculated by dividing the change in the object's displacement by the time it took for the change to occur. This can be represented by the formula: final velocity = (final displacement - initial displacement) / time.

3. What information is needed to determine Dan's final velocity?

To calculate Dan's final velocity, we would need to know his initial velocity (if any), the distance he traveled, and the time it took for him to reach his final position. Additionally, we would need to know the direction in which he was moving.

4. Why is knowing final velocity important in scientific experiments?

Final velocity is important because it can help us understand the motion of an object and its interactions with other objects or forces. It can also be used to predict future positions or behaviors of the object.

5. How can final velocity impact the outcome of an experiment?

The final velocity of an object can greatly impact the results of an experiment, as it can affect the object's position, velocity, and acceleration at a given time. It can also provide valuable insights into the forces acting on the object and help us make accurate predictions about its future behavior.