Help with an Apollo space program flight simulation guide

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with creating documentation for an Apollo space program simulation. They are looking for people with knowledge or interest in the Apollo space program, and knowledge of orbital mechanics and astrodynamics. The conversation also includes suggestions for how to start writing the documentation and a clarification that the work will be remunerated. The conversation ends with a suggestion to try Craigslist or a similar website for hiring consultants.
TaiBD
Hi all,

This is my first time posting on this forum. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question so apologies in advance. Perhaps someone could recommend a more appropriate forum for me to post this on.

I'm working on creating documentation for a simulation. It's an Apollo space program simulation and I need help to write documentation on how to use the simulation. So I'm looking for people with knowledge or interest in the Apollo space program, and knowledge of orbital mechanics and astrodynamics.

Is this the right place to find people interested in writing tutorials and guides on this topic? If not, where can I find them?

Many thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Hi @TaiBD
Is the simulation up and running already?

A good place to start writing anything is to present an outline of what the documentation should cover, or you would like to cover, or what a user might like covered, from the basic, to a more detailed discussion. The documentation can be as small as a pamphlet, or as large as a book..
Such as:
What is/was the Apollo space Program?
What the simulation can do?
How to use the simulation?
etc

That is not an outline, but some questions to get you started.

Also what have you yourself investigated regarding the "knowledge of orbital mechanics and astrodynamics".
You should have some understanding of the concepts before writing about a topic.

Thanks for that info!

Perhaps I didn't make myself very clear. I meant I wanted to find someone/people to help with the project so it's going to be remunerated work. I need to find someone with some knowledge or expertise in this area.
I know it's quite a niche field and it's a long shot, but I wanted to see if anyone was potentially interested. Thanks again.

Likes 256bits
TaiBD said:
Thanks for that info!

Perhaps I didn't make myself very clear. I meant I wanted to find someone/people to help with the project so it's going to be remunerated work. I need to find someone with some knowledge or expertise in this area.
I know it's quite a niche field and it's a long shot, but I wanted to see if anyone was potentially interested. Thanks again.
Sorry, this type of solicitation is anappropriate for the PF. This thread is closed.

Maybe try Craigslist or a similar consultant hiring website. Best of luck. :smile:

Likes CalcNerd

1. What is the Apollo space program flight simulation guide?

The Apollo space program flight simulation guide is a document that provides step-by-step instructions and information for a computer program that simulates a flight of the Apollo spacecraft. It includes details on the spacecraft's design, controls, and procedures for a successful flight simulation.

2. Who would benefit from using the Apollo space program flight simulation guide?

Anyone interested in learning about the Apollo space program and simulating a flight of the Apollo spacecraft could benefit from using the guide. This includes students, researchers, and space enthusiasts.

3. What is the purpose of the Apollo space program flight simulation guide?

The Apollo space program flight simulation guide serves as a tool for understanding the complexities of the Apollo spacecraft and its flight procedures. It also allows users to experience a simulated flight and gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and accomplishments of the Apollo program.

4. Is the Apollo space program flight simulation guide accurate?

Yes, the guide is based on historical information and data from the Apollo program. However, it should be noted that the simulation is not an exact replica of a real Apollo flight and may not be 100% accurate.

5. Are there any prerequisites for using the Apollo space program flight simulation guide?

Some basic knowledge of the Apollo program and spacecraft design may be helpful, but the guide is designed to be user-friendly and accessible for all levels of experience. A computer with the necessary software and hardware requirements is also needed to run the simulation.