Help with egg drop!

• Thread starter llaskai09
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi,
For my physics class I have to design some sort of encasement around an egg so that it will survive a 3m drop. The encasement (including the egg) can be no larger than 150 cubic centimeters. Any ideas?
Thank you

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Hi,
For my physics class I have to design some sort of encasement around an egg so that it will survive a 3m drop. The encasement (including the egg) can be no larger than 150 cubic centimeters. Any ideas?
Thank you
Welcome to the PF. There have been lots of threads about egg drop projects here on the PF. You can see some of them linked to at the bottom of this page under the Related Threads list. You can also use the Search feature to find lots of other threads and info.

The PF Search Engine doesn't work for words of only 3 letters, so instead do a search on eggs. Read through some of those threads, and post your thoughts back here as you start to have ideas.

Danger
Gold Member
I don't know why I never thought of this before, but I have the perfect solution to this challenge. You don't even need an enclosure. Simply incubate the egg. Once it has grown feathers, surviving a 3-metre drop should be no problem.

berkeman
Mentor
I don't know why I never thought of this before, but I have the perfect solution to this challenge. You don't even need an enclosure. Simply incubate the egg. Once it has grown feathers, surviving a 3-metre drop should be no problem.
Clever, Danger-san. Too bad the chicks crack out of the egg without feathers. The judges will need to be made to wait a long time for this contestant's drop! :smile:

Danger
Gold Member
the chicks crack out of the egg without feathers.
I know. The OP didn't mention a time limit. :biggrin: