Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with finding information

1. Sep 16, 2007 #1
    I usually browse through PF for information concerning mind and brain sciences, sociology, (feel free to correct my spelling) philosophy and many other things, but am I allowed to ask where I could find help concerning something that is not.. Entirely believed in? I do have a mental balance issue which I resolve with medication but I've always been prone to paranormal type things, long before I discovered my mental illness. What I'm asking is, is there either another (active)forum where I could pose my questions about these things, or is there an area in PF where I could ask? They're psychosis, bi polar disorder, as well as psychic related questions but I don't know where to go to ask these questions.

-edit- I mentioned the disabilities because it's most often believed that people with these disabilities experience these things because of their disabilities. Therefore deducting more credibility from my case. What I wish to discuss, though, has less to do with what I experience, rather it's damaging effects ie: episodes

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2007 #2
    it sounds that medical/psychiatry forum, rather than a physics forum, would be a better choice for you

4. Sep 16, 2007 #3
    it's not psychiatry I seek though, nor truly medical advice. The question is, more or less, where could I pose questions concerning psychic events?

-edit- also, do you know of any active forums like that? I'd love to read about it

5. Sep 16, 2007 #4
    punch in 'psychic' and 'forum' in a search engine --you'll probably get a few hits---

6. Sep 16, 2007 #5
    I've done that many times, that's why I'm asking here lol

7. Sep 16, 2007 #6
    Hey, well, they got a new one up since I last checked, thanks man

8. Sep 16, 2007 #7
  9. Sep 16, 2007 #8
    Yeah exactly the one I'm going to try out, thank you man. I've searched quite frequently for a decent, active forum and today's the first time I've seen that. Sorry, and thank you

10. Sep 16, 2007 #9
    no problem and good luck

11. Sep 16, 2007 #10

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

One thing you might be interested in, is the research by Dr Ramachandran. There is a lot of work he does concerning religious experiences in those with temporal lobe epilepsy and he can reproduce experiences in those without the condition using magnetcic fields. I don't know of any forums that discuss that directly but just thought it might be food for thought.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?