Help with telescope/observatory data and images

In summary, I was wondering if anyone would help me get my hands on some telescope data and images of exoplanets. If so, I'm looking for data for the following methods of detecting exoplanets: radial velocity, transit, and direct imaging.
GiantSheeps
I was wondering if anyone would help me get my hands on some telescope data and images of exoplanets. I know they must exist somewhere in databases on the internet, but I haven't been able to find them myself. It would be great if one of you could show me where I could get them or even if you just happen to have the data stored on your hard drive or something and you were able to share it with me that would also be great. I'm looking for examples of data for the following methods of detecting exoplanets:

Radial velocity
transit
direct imaging

Just the raw data, if you can. It doesn't matter for what exoplanet or what telescope or observatory. Or if you could point me to an online database that's relatively easy navigate. Thanks so much!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Is there something wrong with all of the fine Exoplanet databases currently online?

GiantSheeps said:
I was wondering if anyone would help me get my hands on some telescope data and images of exoplanets. I know they must exist somewhere in databases on the internet, but I haven't been able to find them myself. It would be great if one of you could show me where I could get them or even if you just happen to have the data stored on your hard drive or something and you were able to share it with me that would also be great. I'm looking for examples of data for the following methods of detecting exoplanets:

Radial velocity
transit
direct imaging

Just the raw data, if you can. It doesn't matter for what exoplanet or what telescope or observatory. Or if you could point me to an online database that's relatively easy navigate. Thanks so much!
Try this site. It has tutorials where you can walk through data of planets discovered by the transit method.

Likes GiantSheeps
phyzguy said:
Try this site. It has tutorials where you can walk through data of planets discovered by the transit method.

Oh this is perfect, thank you so much!

1. How do I access telescope/observatory data and images?

To access telescope/observatory data and images, you will need to first identify which telescope or observatory you are interested in. Many telescopes and observatories have their own websites where they share data and images. You can also access data and images through online databases, such as the NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Database. Some data may require a subscription or special access permissions.

2. How do I analyze telescope/observatory data and images?

The analysis of telescope/observatory data and images can be done using various software programs, such as image processing software or data analysis tools. Some telescopes and observatories may also provide their own analysis tools or tutorials on how to analyze their data. It is important to have a good understanding of the data and the instrument used to collect it in order to properly analyze it.

3. Can I use telescope/observatory data and images for my research?

In most cases, yes, you can use telescope/observatory data and images for your research. However, it is important to properly cite the source of the data and follow any usage guidelines set by the telescope/observatory. Some data may also have restrictions on commercial use or require permission from the data owners.

4. How do I enhance telescope/observatory images?

Enhancing telescope/observatory images can be done using various image processing techniques, such as adjusting contrast, brightness, and color balance. There are also specialized software programs specifically designed for enhancing astronomical images. It is important to carefully apply enhancements and avoid altering the scientific integrity of the image.

5. How can I collaborate with other scientists using telescope/observatory data?

Collaboration with other scientists using telescope/observatory data can be done through various means, such as joining research groups or attending conferences and workshops. Many telescopes and observatories also have forums or online communities where scientists can discuss and collaborate on data and research projects. It is important to properly credit and acknowledge any collaborators when using telescope/observatory data for research.