Hi, I with my Computer Science course

In summary, the conversation involves a student unsure about creating a Color object in their course and wanting to use the Math.max function. The expert suggests looking for examples in Java and using the Color object's methods to set and get RGB values. The seriousness of the initial question is also questioned.
Paul Bunyoner
Ok so we are 5 months into our course and I have no idea what I am doing.

The professor says that we need to create a program that will create a Color object and return a darker value.

Can I do this with the Math.max function?

Technology news on Phys.org
You don't give much context. I assume you are using a specific language and some libraries.

It looks like maybe its java.If so then look for examples of using the Color object in java and looks at its collection of methods where you can get values of R, G and B and set R, G, and B.

As far as I can tell, based on a number of other posts by the OP, the question posed in post #1 was not serious.

Thread closed.

1. What is computer science?

Computer science is the study of computers and computational systems, including their principles, their hardware and software designs, their applications, and their impact on society.

2. What are the main topics covered in a computer science course?

A computer science course typically covers topics such as programming, algorithms, data structures, computer architecture, operating systems, databases, and software engineering.

3. How can studying computer science benefit me?

Studying computer science can benefit you in many ways, including developing problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and creativity. It can also lead to various career opportunities in fields such as software development, data analysis, cybersecurity, and artificial intelligence.

4. Is computer science only for people who are good at math?

No, computer science involves more than just math. While having a strong foundation in math can be helpful for certain topics, computer science also requires skills such as logic, problem-solving, and attention to detail.

5. What can I do with a computer science degree?

A computer science degree can lead to a wide range of career options, including software engineer, data scientist, web developer, computer systems analyst, and information security analyst. It can also open doors to opportunities in fields such as finance, healthcare, entertainment, and education.