Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

High Emissivity Paint for Aluminium Surface

1. Jun 23, 2012 #1
    Hey,

I am making a furnace....which uses Aluminium material. Does anyone knows a paint which can be used for applying on Aluminium Surface and which works upto 500 degree Celsius and has high emissivity.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2012 #2

marcusl

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You are making a furnace out of metal? An insulating firebrick or ceramic is the usual choice for high temperatures.

4. Jun 23, 2012 #3

turbo

Gold Member

An aluminum furnace that has a heat-source that can overshoot is in danger of self-destructing/melting. It would be far more prudent to construct the walls with cast iron or sheet steel, and line the firebox with firebrick or ceramic, as marcusl suggests. Muffle-furnaces (high-temp boxes for lab-use) are not made out of aluminum for good reason. A properly lined iron or steel furnace will resist deformation and will last for many years.

5. Jun 24, 2012 #4
    The furnace I am making is for low temperature applications ....I am going to use it below 500 Degrees Celsius

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook