What Would Make Your Day the Worst Ever?

• Thread starter angel 42
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation covers various perspectives on bad days, with some sharing their own experiences and others providing support. Some highlight the worst days of their lives, while others offer a different outlook on life. Overall, it shows that everyone has their own struggles and it's important to have empathy and perspective.
angel 42
how bad can your day be??

Hellooooooo everyone, today was a very very bad day for me a horrible day. for the very first time I feel a loser. I just surrender and guess what I smiled – usually I get really angry and *&#@% or @$%^> what ever - this day is my worst day ever I don't know how to deal with it to cure this feeling… I'll find a way, anyhow I come up with this idea why don't you guys tell us what will make your day the worst ever??:rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
The day my youngest brother died, 3 days after my birthday. I was 8.5 years older, and he was only 34, leaving behind a 3-yr old son and young wife.

Astronuc said:
The day my youngest brother died, 3 days after my birthday. I was 8.5 years older, and he was only 34, leaving behind a 3-yr old son and young wife.

Hey Astro that was bad, sort of turn ones guts bad.

Astronuc said:

...I don't know what to say.. "sorry" I guess

Last edited:
On a some what happier note, i returned home from work to find a river flowing down my drive, it was not effecting any thing so i thought what the heck, then when i went into my bathroom i found water pouring through the ceiling, two water related events in one day,
have i annoyed some water god? well if i have wait till next time you are so going to get a knuckle sandwich.

:rofl:

angel 42 said:
why don't you guys tell us what will make your day the worst ever??:rolleyes:

Because I don't want to ruin your day!o:)

The worst day of my life was the first.

I will asume my worst day will also be my last day.

hypatia said:
I will asume my worst day will also be my last day.
I assume my last day will be my best.

Last edited:
Some salesman told me that my worst day was my best.

Lisa! said:
Because I don't want to ruin your day!o:)

:uhh: don't worry I'll handle it

jimmysnyder said:

looks like your whole life is miserable for god's sake...
you don't really mean that, do you?

jimmysnyder said:

now you're going to tell us what's your problem I think you're just exaggerate things
or what...

jimmysnyder said:

I'm sure you do not want your parents to hear that do you:frown:

jimmysnyder said:

jimmysnyder said:

angel 42 said:
looks like your whole life is miserable for god's sake...
you don't really mean that, do you?

now you're going to tell us what's your problem I think you're just exaggerate things
or what...

Maybe you're assuming too much. He could mean:

1) He believes in reincarnation and this could be the life that results in him reaching nirvana.
2) Life has gotten better every single day of his life and he expects this trend to continue right up to the day he dies.
3) Your assumption is correct and he's a horribly depressed cynic.

jimmysnyder won't you say something ?

BobG said:
2) Life has gotten better every single day of his life and he expects this trend to continue right up to the day he dies.
Bingo.

jimmysnyder said:
Bingo.

Translation: jimmysnyder was tossed into a pack of wild dogs to be raised and they passed the time by gnawing on his body parts. As his number of body parts have dwindled, life has slowly gotten better.

Key hint: The meanest dog in the pack is named Bingo (with the song about the dog symbolizing jimmysnyder's progressive loss of body parts).

Sometimes, my ability to read between the lines astounds even me.

Last edited:
One of the worst days in my life was the day George Bush Jr. got elected. I woke up to the news playing on a hotel TV, and I literally thought I was having a nightmare until I was awake enought to know that it was the awful truth.

I really didn't think it possible that this country would elect someone like him.

As we've seen, my fears were completely justified.

angel 42 said:
...I don't know what to say.. "sorry" I guess
Sometimes, that is all one can say. I'm sorry you had a bad day.

However, when I compare my worst day with those of others, it puts it in perspective.

I recently read about a man, an ambulance driver in Lebanon, who was driving his family out of a combat zone. A helicopter approached the ambulance and fired two Hellfire missiles. One missile struck the ambulance in the rear door causing it to fly about 20 m through the air into a nearby house.

The man (Abbas Jiha) lost three children (Zeinab, 9 yrs, Hanin, 5 yrs, and Mariam, 2 mo) and his wife, Mona. One of many horrible stories from one of many war zones.

BobG said:
Translation: jimmysnyder was tossed into a pack of wild dogs to be raised and they passed the time by gnawing on his body parts. As his number of body parts have dwindled, life has slowly gotten better.

Key hint: The meanest dog in the pack is named Bingo (with the song about the dog symbolizing jimmysnyder's progressive loss of body parts).

Sometimes, my ability to read between the lines astounds even me.
You're getting colder. But if it's any consolation, I'm astounded too.

Astronuc said:
However, when I compare my worst day with those of others, it puts it in perspective.
As the famous saying goes, I was feeling sorry for myself because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet. And I asked him if I could have his shoes.

I'd say Christmas Eve when I was 10. My mom had been in the hospital and it was pretty iffy about her getting out before Christmas. She missed my sister's birthday, which was only 6 days before Christmas, but was released before Christmas. I made her a Christmas card out of blue construction paper with a white pop-up snowflake on the inside - then lost it on the way home. Probably one of the stranger things to happen that day was my dad helping me look for a Christmas card on a snowy, windy day on the Kansas plains -he was usually pretty adamant about "doing the smart thing" and it didn't exactly take an eternity for me to realize the chances of finding a piece of paper on a windy night. The evening was still pretty nice, with the usual oatmeal cookies in tupperware containers - since the important thing was the family being together Christmas Eve - at least until she collapsed on the kitchen floor and us kids got hustled off to next door neighbor's with an ambulance sitting in our front lawn. It was a relief to find out she wasn't dying that night, but even then a little more had to be tossed on. My dad came back and took us home, only to find the cat had knocked over the fish bowl and killed our three fish (one for each of us kids).

I think that night was almost worse than when she actually did die a few months later. It just had that feeling that every time your spirits were raised, it was really just the wind up to dash them into the ground as hard as possible.

BobG said:
I think that night was almost worse than when she actually did die a few months later. It just had that feeling that every time your spirits were raised, it was really just the wind up to dash them into the ground as hard as possible.
That was perhaps the worst part of my brother's illness. He cycled up and down. We'd get a good report followed almost immediately by one that indicated a new setback. It was a downward emotional rollercoaster ride right to the end. I last saw him before he slipped into a coma the day before my birthday. I would have gladly traded places with him, but that just doesn't happen.

Astronuc said:
Sometimes, that is all one can say. I'm sorry you had a bad day.

I recently read about a man, an ambulance driver in Lebanon, who was driving his family out of a combat zone. A helicopter approached the ambulance and fired two Hellfire missiles. One missile struck the ambulance in the rear door causing it to fly about 20 m through the air into a nearby house.

The man (Abbas Jiha) lost three children (Zeinab, 9 yrs, Hanin, 5 yrs, and Mariam, 2 mo) and his wife, Mona. One of many horrible stories from one of many war zones.

Exactly that's my point of this thread to me jimmysnyder you and others ….and for the world's wars and tragedy that happen to innocent people… watching all that without doing any thing that what's make me feel bounded or captive of doing any thing….sad

jimmysnyder said:
As the famous saying goes, I was feeling sorry for myself because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet. And I asked him if I could have his shoes.

If your problem is a physical loose of a part of your body …. Trust me it's your esprit you should work on, I know a man who is very close to me I grew up learning from him and he almost was a perfect character his esprit is the best. And I didn't really see the difference between he and any normal human just until I learned the word "disable" I was shocked that people them self like to distinguish between them.. What ever that didn't change a bit of how I see that man he looses his arm in an accident but his acts wasn't telling that. if this wasn't personal I will tell you who is he because I'm really proud of him:smile:.

angel 42 said:
If your problem is a physical loose of a part of your body …. Trust me it's your esprit you should work on, I know a man who is very close to me I grew up learning from him and he almost was a perfect character his esprit is the best. And I didn't really see the difference between he and any normal human just until I learned the word "disable" I was shocked that people them self like to distinguish between them.. What ever that didn't change a bit of how I see that man he looses his arm in an accident but his acts wasn't telling that. if this wasn't personal I will tell you who is he because I'm really proud of him:smile:.
Well said. Think of Christopher Reeve. He lost just about all you can loose and yet not die. Even so at least publicly, he remained upbeat and hopeful through it all. I admire his attitude, but at the same time I think he did the only thing that makes sense.

jimmysnyder said:
Well said. Think of Christopher Reeve. He lost just about all you can loose and yet not die. Even so at least publicly, he remained upbeat and hopeful through it all. I admire his attitude, but at the same time I think he did the only thing that makes sense.

you mean that is just a logical attitude and if he don't do so he would be blamed for that … no.. no listen and this is for you me and others, whether your loose is a physical or an emotional loose YOUR POISENING YOUR SELF I'm not saying don't feel sad no but give your self a break deal with it once and for all. Try to change any negative feeling to positives, I know it's hard but that's what I my self try to do… I hope you get it.

1. What are some examples of things that would make my day the worst ever?

Some examples of things that could make your day the worst ever might include losing a loved one, experiencing a major setback or failure, receiving bad news, or having a series of unfortunate events occur.

2. How can I prevent my day from becoming the worst ever?

While some things are out of our control, there are some steps you can take to try to prevent your day from becoming the worst ever. These may include practicing self-care, setting boundaries, staying organized and prepared, and having a positive mindset.

3. Can a bad day be turned around to become a good day?

Yes, it is possible for a bad day to turn around and become a good day. Sometimes, simply changing your perspective or doing something you enjoy can make a big difference. It's important to remember that bad days are a part of life and they don't last forever.

4. How can I cope with a day that feels like the worst ever?

When you're having a tough day, it's important to prioritize self-care and seek support from loved ones. You may also find it helpful to engage in activities that bring you joy, practice relaxation techniques, or seek professional help if needed.

5. Is it normal to have days that feel like the worst ever?

Yes, it is completely normal to have days that feel like the worst ever. Life is full of ups and downs, and everyone experiences difficult days at some point. It's important to remember that these days are temporary and you are not alone in your struggles.