How can i block the sound outdoor ?

In summary: Thank you for your question and your explanations. I am sorry to hear that you cannot do what you want to do in your country. This is a difficult problem to solve.
ghalimoglu
first of all sorry for my bad english.
i know i need to improve it :)
now, let's talk aobout my question. You know there is a few ways to block sound indoor with sponge or some materials.
i searched on internet but i coulndt find anything to block sound outdoor.
i have a project and i need to know how to block sound outdoor.
do you have any idea ?
thx all of u.

Physics news on Phys.org
ghalimoglu, Welcome to Physics Forums!

Don't worry about your English. Even with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, what is important is that you communicate accurately.

Your question how to "block sound outdoor" is difficult for me to understand. Will you please explain your project in more detail? Describe exactly your conditions and your objectives. Thank you.

Cheers,
Bobbywhy

hi there,
welcome to PF :)

give us a lot more info please

what sort of sound ( frequency range)?,
from what type of source?
what are you trying to protect from this sound?
is there any level of the sound that is acceptable ?

there's a few Q's for you to answer initially

Dave

thank u daven and bobby for you concern

what sort of sound ( frequency range)?

i don't know the frequency range but just think you're in disco or pub and you're listining loud music.

what are you trying to protect from this sound?

i want to block the music outdoor places. ( disco or pub )
you know there's some rules for pub's or disco's. they have to turn off the the music after night.
not the disturb people.
so if i can block thw sound of these places they don't have to turn off their music after night.

i ll tell u about my project.

last summer while i was pub they stopped the music in 3 pm. so i told them why did you turned it off?
they asked, because of rules.
than i thinked about it if i block the sound in this kind of placeses they don't have to turnd the music off.
now its my purpose..

i searceh it there's some ways to block in room but there's is no way to block it in outdoor placeses.

garden_resort_bergamot_hotel_594_1.jpg

for example i want to block the sound in this garden.

ghalimoglu,

OK, now that we know a bit more :)

if the music source is outdoors, then there's not much you can do to stop it traveling out from an area. It could easily propagate a number of kilometres

In my country of Australia, the are local council laws governing the loudness of sound levels from club/pub bands and discos. Depending on the location of the club etc eg residential, commercial or industrial the maximum level they are allowed varies anything from ~ 90 to 105dB. Some have an additional restriction that the level has to decrease by another 5dB after a certain time at nite.

I actually build calibrated sound monitors for this purpose :) They will cut the power to the band or disco equip when the allowable limit is reached for a given period of time.
then the power is restored after a few seconds. the DJ or band don't like their gear switching on and off all the time so they get the message pretty quickly to "tone it down" haha

I have used these units in outdoor settings a few times, but short of permanently cutting the power, there isn't really much you can do to stop the sound propagating quite some distance

Dave

thnx for the answers.
@dave your solution is great but i can't do it in my country. :) actually, its temporal solution for me. even so thn u for you concern.

@bobby
solution in two languages :)

by the way
as you know sounds need a environment to move in the air.
so if i can make airless place then i can stop the sound.
but there's no way to do it
if i do , it wouldn't be outdoor :))

i'll keep go to search it.
if i found sth i'll apprise both of u ;)

thnk u again chav.

Related to How can i block the sound outdoor ?

1. How does sound travel through the outdoors?

Sound travels through the outdoors in the form of waves, which are created by vibrations. The sound waves move through the air and can be easily heard by our ears.

2. What are some common sources of outdoor noise?

Some common sources of outdoor noise include traffic, construction, airplanes, lawnmowers, and barking dogs. These noises can be disruptive and bothersome, especially in residential areas.

3. How can I block outdoor sound from entering my home?

There are a few ways to block outdoor sound from entering your home. One way is to install soundproof windows, which have a special acoustic layer that reduces noise. Another way is to add sound-absorbing materials to your home, such as thick curtains, carpets, and furniture. You can also create a natural sound barrier by planting trees or hedges around your home.

4. Can sound-blocking technologies be used outdoors?

Yes, there are sound-blocking technologies that can be used outdoors. For example, noise barrier walls can be installed along highways or construction sites to reduce the noise level for nearby residents. Sound-blocking fences can also be used to reduce noise from neighboring properties.

5. Are there any DIY methods to block outdoor sound?

Yes, there are some DIY methods that can help block outdoor sound. One option is to use weatherstripping around windows and doors to create a tighter seal. You can also hang thick blankets or curtains on your windows to help absorb sound. Additionally, adding plants or a water feature to your outdoor space can help reduce noise levels.