How can i dispose of chemicals safely

  • Thread starter Thread starter lprekon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chemicals
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
lprekon
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I have recently gotten fascinated with chemistry, and I am looking to start it as a hobby. However one, of the things I want to have under control before i start is chemical disposal. Does anyone know a good cheap company I can hire for hazardous materials disposal? I have heard from a printer friend of mine that there are companies who will even pay for the waste because they re-purpose/recycle it.
Or, is there a way of determining what is and isn't safe to dispose of down the drain? Could I convert whatever waste I have back into a safe form and dispose of it that way?

Any information would be helpful
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Waste disposal is specific to the waste in question. Would you dispose of aluminum cans the same way you would dioxin?

Nobody can answer your question without specifics.