How can I make position controlled motor ?

In summary, to control the position of a motor, a closed-loop control system with a position sensor and controller is used. Servo motors are the best choice for position control. Special software is required to program and control the motor's position. To calibrate a position controlled motor, the motor must be set to a known position and the controller's settings adjusted. A position controlled motor is not suitable for continuous rotation, and a different type of motor should be used instead.
Anup yadav
I have no idea regarding it I just know that we can control a motor movement and
can move it both to and fro.
please help

Engineering news on Phys.org
Google stepper motor

Likes CalcNerd
For most applications you either want a stepper motor or a servo depending on speed/torque requirements you might also need gears.

1. How can I control the position of a motor?

To control the position of a motor, you can use a closed-loop control system that includes a position sensor and a controller. The position sensor measures the position of the motor and sends this information to the controller, which then adjusts the motor's speed and direction to maintain the desired position.

2. What type of motor is best for position control?

Servo motors are typically the best choice for position control as they have built-in position sensors and are designed for precise and accurate movement. They also have the ability to maintain their position when external forces are applied.

3. Do I need special software to control the position of a motor?

Yes, you will need software that allows you to program and control the motor's position. This can include programming languages like C or Python, or specialized software for specific motor controllers.

4. How do I calibrate a position controlled motor?

To calibrate a position controlled motor, you will need to set the motor to a known position and then adjust the controller's settings to match the position sensor's readings. This will ensure that the motor moves to the desired position accurately.

5. Can I use a position controlled motor for continuous rotation?

No, a position controlled motor is designed for precise and accurate movement to specific positions. If you need continuous rotation, you will need to use a different type of motor, such as a DC motor or stepper motor.