How can i manufacturer a phone for blogging

• Thread starter govbuzz
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of manufacturing a phone solely for blogging purposes. The suggestion is made to buy an iPhone, iPad, or Android and simply write an app for blogging. The speaker also points out that the market for such a phone would be very small and it would be difficult to make a profit. They also mention that self-discipline and self-criticism are important when coming up with business ideas.
govbuzz
i want to manufacturer a phone that just blogs and DOES ABSOLOUBTLY NOTHING ELSE HOW CAN I DO THIS?!

THANKS

Computer science news on Phys.org
Need to find a manufacturer that can do it.

Buy an iPhone, iPad or Android, write an app and you're done. Really. There is simply no way to beat the prices or the quality of these. Absolutely no chance.

And the market for blogging is so small compared to even standard SMS or POTS that you'd never make the economics work for custom hardware - unless you want to sell them for $1K-$3K each.

This is because you already have to implement everything that existing smart phones implement just to connect to the internet. And then your market is smaller, so demand is lower (and economically viable prices must be higher)

Why?

Surely it's easier to do as jsg... says above? Just ignore any features you don't want, or even get rid of them.

Not intending to dampen the enthusiasm too much with my answer but if you tried to get money for the idea from an Angel or VC, they'd be asking the same question: "why didn't you just...?"

And then they'd ask the really hard questions about your market and financial models, etc. Or worse.

I suppose I should also point out I've co-founded starts-ups in Silicon Valley. Because I have an BSEE and MBA I've usually been the one to do the business plans and market research/plans while others work R&D, so these kinds of questions are bread-and-butter.

When you come up with business ideas you have to be your own worst critic - creativity and enthusiasm without iron self-discipline and self-criticism are generally worthless.

Purely creative is like the Michael Keaton character in the movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084412/" :

"Idea for tuna fish salad: feed tuna mayonnaise; call Star Kist in the morning!"

That's actually the point of the movie: Henry Winkler is the self-discipline/self-criticism and only together can either be successful.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I choose the right components for my blogging phone?

The first step in manufacturing a phone for blogging is to research and select the necessary components based on your specific needs. This may include a high-quality camera, a fast processor, a large storage capacity, and a durable battery. It is important to consider the features that will be most beneficial for blogging purposes.

2. What software is required for a blogging phone?

In addition to hardware components, you will also need to determine the necessary software for your blogging phone. This may include a user-friendly operating system, blogging apps, and social media apps. It is important to choose software that is compatible with your chosen hardware components.

3. How much does it cost to manufacture a blogging phone?

The cost of manufacturing a blogging phone can vary depending on the components and software chosen. It is important to carefully research and compare prices to ensure that the final cost fits within your budget. Additionally, consider the cost of tooling, production, and distribution when determining the overall cost of manufacturing.

4. What is the timeline for manufacturing a blogging phone?

The timeline for manufacturing a blogging phone can vary based on the complexity of the design and the availability of components. It is important to plan and allocate enough time for each stage of the manufacturing process, including design, prototyping, testing, and production. It is also important to consider any potential delays that may arise.

5. How can I ensure the quality of my blogging phone?

To ensure the quality of your blogging phone, it is important to work with reputable suppliers and manufacturers, perform thorough testing, and make any necessary improvements or adjustments. Additionally, obtaining certifications and conducting quality control checks throughout the manufacturing process can help ensure the final product meets your standards.