How can I produce a long over-arrow for a symbol in Latex?

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Math Amateur
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 7K views
Math Amateur
Gold Member
MHB
Messages
3,920
Reaction score
48
I recently posted on the Analysis forum regarding a remark by Jacques Lafontaine ... the remark contained a symbol which involved a long over-arrow on the top of f(a)f(x) as you can see at the start f the remark below:View attachment 8516My attempt to produce the long over-arrow was to use the Latex Code \vec{ f(a) f(x) } ... but this only produced a short over-arrow as follows:

$$\vec{ f(a) f(x) }$$ ... ...How do I produce a long over-arrow like that in the text from Lafontaine ...

Peter
 
Attachments
  • Lafontaine - Remark on Definition 1.1 ...  page 5 ... .png
    Lafontaine - Remark on Definition 1.1 ... page 5 ... .png
    15 KB · Views: 189
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello, Peter! (Wave)

This code:

\overrightarrow{f(a)f(x)}

produces:

$$\overrightarrow{f(a)f(x)}$$
 
Also I recommended a small package [M]esvect[/M], which allows drawing long arrows with different arrowheads.
 
Evgeny.Makarov said:
Also I recommended a small package [M]esvect[/M], which allows drawing long arrows with different arrowheads.
Thanks Evgeny ...

I appreciate your help...

Peter

- - - Updated - - -

MarkFL said:
Hello, Peter! (Wave)

This code:

\overrightarrow{f(a)f(x)}

produces:

$$\overrightarrow{f(a)f(x)}$$
Thanks Mark,

Peter