How Can I Resolve the Rotary Inertia Not Positive Definite Error in ABAQUS?

In summary, when trying to tilt a rigid body with a point structural mass using a rigid platform acting as ground, the body must have positive definite rotary inertia unless rotational constraints are applied with the *BOUNDARY option or inertia is added using the *ROTARY INERTIA option. A node set named "ErrNodeRefNodeNoRot1Axis" is created to help locate the error and modify the input definition. To resolve this error, either add rotational constraints with the *BOUNDARY option or use the ErrNodeRefNodeNoRot1Axis node set to assign mass, moment of inertia, and rotational axis for the rigid body. The moment of inertia must be a positive value.
Harshit puri
ABAQUS :-i'm trying to tilt a rigid body with point structural mass by tilting a rigid platform acting as ground , the whole body is under gravity, i have to analyze the counter bars standing, while trying the issue the following error was shown.

"Rotary inertia for the rigid bodies with the reference nodes listed below are not positive definite. Abaqus/Explicit now requires rigid bodies to have positive definite rotary inertia unless rotational constraints are applied with the *BOUNDARY option (see the Abaqus Analysis Users Manual). Nodes that are part of a rigid body do not require mass and inertia individually, but the rigid body as a whole must possesses positive definite rotary inertia unless constraints are used. To remedy this error, either add rotational constraints to the reference nodes with the *BOUNDARY option or add inertia using the *ROTARY INERTIA option, whichever is appropriate to obtain the desired response. A node set named "ErrNodeRefNodeNoRot1Axis" containing the problematic reference nodes is also created for use in Abaqus/Viewer to help locate the error and modify the input definition."

ErrNodeRefNodeNoRot1Axis is the point of inertia assigned.

Engineering news on Phys.org
To resolve this error, you can either add rotational constraints to the reference nodes with the *BOUNDARY option or add inertia using the *ROTARY INERTIA option. If you use the *BOUNDARY option, define the constraint type as ROTATIONAL and specify the axis of rotation.If you decide to use the *ROTARY INERTIA option, use the ErrNodeRefNodeNoRot1Axis node set to assign the mass, moment of inertia, and rotational axis for the rigid body. Be sure to specify a positive value for the moment of inertia.

Related to How Can I Resolve the Rotary Inertia Not Positive Definite Error in ABAQUS?

1. What is a tilt platform bar design?

A tilt platform bar design is a type of bar that is designed to tilt and adjust to the user's preferred angle. It allows for a more comfortable and ergonomic experience while using the bar.

2. How does a tilt platform bar design benefit users?

A tilt platform bar design offers several benefits for users. It can help reduce strain on the wrists and arms, improve posture, and provide better support for the hands while using the bar.

3. What materials are commonly used for tilt platform bar designs?

Tilt platform bar designs can be made from a variety of materials, including metal, wood, plastic, and composite materials. The choice of material often depends on the desired strength, durability, and aesthetics of the bar.

4. Are there different types of tilt platform bar designs?

Yes, there are different types of tilt platform bar designs available. Some bars may have a fixed tilt angle, while others may have an adjustable tilt mechanism. Additionally, the shape, size, and features of the bar can also vary.

5. How can I choose the right tilt platform bar design for my needs?

Choosing the right tilt platform bar design depends on your personal preferences, budget, and intended use. Consider factors such as the material, tilt angle, size, and features of the bar to find one that best suits your needs.