Struggling with Legendre Polynomials: Any Suggestions?

• Thread starter aligator123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Legendre
In summary, the conversation was about someone seeking help with two unanswered questions about Legendre polynomials. They had tried solving the problem using the Rodriguez rule and generating function, but were still struggling. They asked for hints and suggestions, but did not receive any responses.
aligator123
Hello everyone i had some questions about legendre polynomials. I have solved most of them but i had just two not answered question. I tried to solve this problem by rodriguez rule but it was really hard for me. Could anyone help me or give me some hints for this question?

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7731/mathkw4.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
sorry but i really got troubled with these questions.could anyone give me detail suggestions?

Hello why no one give any hints?
i tried also generating function.but i couldn't find the solution.
can anyone give me suggestion or show me a way to solve these problems?

1. What is the Legendre problem?

The Legendre problem is a mathematical problem in which the goal is to find a function that minimizes a given functional.

2. How can I solve the Legendre problem?

The Legendre problem can be solved using the Euler-Lagrange equation, which is a differential equation that describes the necessary conditions for a function to be a solution to the problem.

3. What are the applications of the Legendre problem?

The Legendre problem has many applications in physics, engineering, and economics. It is commonly used in optimization problems, such as finding the shortest path between two points or maximizing profits in a business.

4. Are there different methods for solving the Legendre problem?

Yes, there are various methods for solving the Legendre problem, including the calculus of variations, the method of Lagrange multipliers, and the finite element method.

5. What are some tips for solving the Legendre problem efficiently?

Some tips for efficiently solving the Legendre problem include understanding the problem's constraints and choosing an appropriate method for solving it. It is also helpful to break the problem into smaller, more manageable parts and to utilize computer software or programming to aid in calculations.