How can teeth be bent without contact forces

In summary, the person is seeking help for their teeth which have been caving in for the past ten years due to anxiety and a nervous tic where they push their upper teeth onto their lower teeth. They have noticed physical changes in their teeth and jaw and are wondering if noncontact forces such as electricity, gravity, or magnetism could be causing this. They are seeking advice from a dentist and are open to providing photos for proof.
nemolovesomni
Hi, so by no doubt you came here because of the bold phrase of the question.
So to clear things up, this is a serious question,an no ido not believe in supranomral mind powers. This is a pragmatic question, and I am not a delusional person trying to get attention. it concerns my teeth which have been caving in for the past ten years.

My lower teeth and jaw has been getting narrower and narrower, almost caving in towards the tongue on either side.

Ok so here is what my question is:
For the past ten years, due to anxiety my top right and left teeth been exerting what i think is pressure on my lower teeth. I do not grind or physically push the upper push on the lower teeth.
I have this "tic", its a nervous tic, where i push the upper incisors on the lower ones and i feel the pressure on the lower teeth, and a clicking sound as the teeth are being exerted on. over the years i must have done this thousands of times, and the effects are indisputable.

This is not imagjnative or paranoic, my teeth have actually bent over the years. I know this is real because my lower teeth are so close go my tongue in either side thag they make it cumbersome for it to be there; my old retainer doesn't fit and show a much wider jaw and teeth areangement (even my bone has been bent after thiusands of these tics), and my metal retainer inside my mouth that is keeping my front teeth straight is obviously visibly bent, like a bent crowbar. My cheeks have caved allt and my lips are wrinkly because they do not have the same jawline. So this is not fiction.

Now what I am asking is how could this happen. I've researched noncontact forces and came up with: electricity, gravity and magnetism. Now can i assume that there is some field in between the jaws, i don't think that's eer been recorded and i am not out to be the first. How about stress or strain, can it exist through the air. I sure do feel it in my mouth as it is happening. I don't know what to think, i mean the whole mind spoon bending phenomenon is obviously a farce, so what I'm asking is what is happening to me.

If you need proof i can send you photos of before and after. all i need is your educated advice, so please help me.

Physics news on Phys.org
If I had to guess (and this is a complete guess) I would say that most teeth-grinding occurs during people's sleep.

Just because you're not consciously aware of it, doesn't mean it is necessarily not contact force. As far as advice, I would definitely contact a dentist (most people on this site are not going to be able to help as much as a dentist could).

1. How is it possible for teeth to be bent without any contact forces?

Teeth can be bent without any contact forces through a process called thermal expansion. This occurs when a change in temperature causes a material to expand or contract. In the case of teeth, heating the surface of the tooth can cause it to expand and bend without any external force being applied.

2. Can teeth be bent without causing any damage?

Yes, teeth can be bent without causing any damage if done correctly. The process of thermal expansion is a gradual and controlled method of bending teeth, which minimizes the risk of damage. Additionally, using a low heat source and closely monitoring the temperature can further ensure the safety of the teeth.

3. What materials are used to bend teeth without contact forces?

The most common material used to bend teeth without contact forces is a dental instrument called a thermal expansion plier. This tool is made of a special alloy that expands when heated, allowing for controlled and precise bending of teeth. Other materials, such as hot water or heated wax, can also be used for this purpose.

4. What are the benefits of bending teeth without contact forces?

Bending teeth without contact forces has several benefits, including the ability to correct small misalignments and improve the overall appearance of the teeth. It is also a non-invasive and painless procedure, making it a preferred option for patients who may be hesitant to undergo more invasive dental treatments.

5. Is bending teeth without contact forces a permanent solution?

No, bending teeth without contact forces is not a permanent solution. The effects of thermal expansion are temporary and the teeth will eventually return to their original position. However, this method can be used as a quick fix or for minor adjustments before seeking more permanent solutions such as braces or retainers.