How Do I Add Voltage Noise in LTspice and Analyze Its Response?

In summary, the person is attempting to add voltage noise using an arbitrary voltage source, but is having trouble finding information about a specific parameter for the function they are using. They decide to conduct a .noise analysis, but are unable to see any injected noise. They have two questions: what does the parameter mean and why can't they see the noise source in the analysis. They are advised to ask the LTspice group for help and are provided with a link. They express hesitation to register for the group, but are encouraged to try as it is a difficult group. The other person offers to ask the question for them, but suggests they are better equipped to understand their own needs.
Matthew Carson
show.php?id=112829.jpg
Hello, I try to add a voltage noise using an arbitrary voltage source set as V=white(1).
Since I couldn't find any info about that parameter for the white() function I decided to do a .noise analysis to see how it responds to different values of that parameter.
Except I can't get any kind of my injected noise to show up in my .noise analysis.

That is two questions actually: what does that parameter mean in white(x) function?, and why can't I get my noise source to appear in the .noise analysis?
thanks

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Last edited:
thank you. I will look them over again (I balked previously, don't want to register).

Matthew Carson said:
I will look them over again (I balked previously, don't want to register).
Give it a try. I agree it is a difficult group, these Physics forums have a much more convenient format.

I will see your question and any answers in the daily digest email.

I could ask if you want, but you are better placed to understand your needs and so can be more specific with the conversation.

1. How do I add noise to my LTspice circuit model?

To add noise to your LTspice circuit model, you can use the “VNOISE” and “INOISE” functions. These functions allow you to specify the type and level of noise you want to add to your circuit. You can also use the “PNOISE” function to generate random noise sources.

2. What types of noise can I model in LTspice?

LTspice allows you to model various types of noise, including thermal noise, shot noise, flicker noise, and white noise. You can also specify the frequency range and amplitude of the noise to accurately simulate real-world conditions.

3. Can I model noise in specific components in LTspice?

Yes, you can model noise in specific components in LTspice by using the “VNOISE” and “INOISE” functions along with the component’s value. This allows you to add noise to individual components in your circuit and see how it affects the overall performance.

4. How do I analyze the noise in my LTspice model?

To analyze the noise in your LTspice model, you can use the “.noise” command in the command line or right-click on the component and select “Noise” from the menu. This will display a noise analysis plot showing the noise level at different frequencies.

5. Can I simulate noise in AC and DC circuits in LTspice?

Yes, you can simulate noise in both AC and DC circuits in LTspice. For AC circuits, you can use the “.noise” command to analyze the noise at different frequencies. For DC circuits, you can use the “.dc noise” command to perform a DC noise analysis and see how the noise affects the DC operating point of your circuit.