How do i convert kg/kwh into g/s?

• Thread starter bkg22
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Convert
In summary, to convert kg/kwh into g/s, you need to multiply the kg/kwh value by 1000 and then divide it by 3600. This will give you the equivalent value in g/s. This conversion is often used in energy efficiency calculations, where kg/kwh represents the energy consumption per unit of time and g/s represents the rate of energy consumption. By converting between these units, you can accurately compare energy consumption rates and make informed decisions on energy usage.
bkg22
How do i convert kg/kwh into g/s?

How can i calculate the emission rate in gram / sec from emission factor given in kg/kwh?? pse feel free to make any assumptions on fuel used and consumptions??

Physics news on Phys.org

Sounds like homework. We have a homework section where people can help you.

1. What is the formula for converting kg/kwh into g/s?

The formula for converting kg/kwh into g/s is to divide the kg/kwh value by the number of seconds in an hour (3600 seconds). This will give you the g/s value. So the formula is g/s = (kg/kwh)/3600.

2. What is the difference between kg/kwh and g/s?

Both kg/kwh and g/s are units of measurement for different quantities. Kg/kwh measures mass per unit energy, while g/s measures mass per unit time. So kg/kwh is used to measure energy efficiency, while g/s is used to measure mass flow rate.

3. Can I convert kg/kwh into g/s for any substance?

Yes, you can convert kg/kwh into g/s for any substance as long as you know the substance's density. You will need to multiply the kg/kwh value by the density of the substance to get the g/s value. The density is measured in kg/m^3.

4. How do I convert kg/kwh into g/s for multiple substances?

If you want to convert kg/kwh into g/s for multiple substances, you will need to follow the same steps as converting for a single substance. First, calculate the g/s value for each substance by multiplying the kg/kwh value by its density. Then, add all the g/s values together to get the total g/s value for all the substances.

5. Is it necessary to convert kg/kwh into g/s?

It depends on what you are trying to measure or compare. If you want to compare the energy efficiency of different substances, then converting kg/kwh into g/s can be helpful. But if you are only interested in the energy efficiency of a single substance, then it is not necessary to convert it into g/s.