So i have an idea of what im supposed to do, but i dont know if im on the right track, Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance :)
relevant equations are listed below with each question
3. The Attempt at a Solution
d) yearly energy cost
ok so to calculate the yearly energy cost i would use the equation Y = Energy x cost
1. Y = (448 kWh/yr) x ($0.06) = $26.9 /year
2. Y = (393 kWh/yr) x ($0.06) = $23.6/year
3. Y = (420 kWh/yr) x ($0.06) = $25.2 /year
4. Y = (362 kWh/yr) x ($0.06) = $21.7 /year
5. Y = (301 kWh/yr) x ($0.06) = $18.1/year
6. Y = (153 kWh/yr) x ($0.06) = $9.18/year
e) energy used in one week
so to calculate the energy each appliance uses in one week, i would use the equation
energy = Power x time
since we are only solving for the energy used in 1 week, the total time is 168 hours
the only problem is how do i calculate the power in watts, do i use the energuide rating (in part b) and convert it into watts, so i can solve for the energy consumption in one week? im not even sure if my equation is right,
1. E = 448 kWh x 168 hours (does 448 kWh have to be converted to Watts)
can someone please verify and explain what to do here?
when they say 'estimate' do they mean make a guess for how many hours a week each appliance is used?
g) power for one week
ok so i know that Power = Work/time
it can also be Power = Energy/time
so i would take the energy used in one week, for each appliance (calculated in part e), and divide it by the total time which is 168 hours. is this correct?