How do I get the second matrix from the first one in this example

In summary, to get the second matrix from the first one, you can use the slicing method or a copy/clone method in your programming language. The slicing method allows you to select a specific portion of the first matrix, while the copy/clone method creates a new matrix with the same values as the first one. If the first matrix is a multi-dimensional array, you can still use the slicing method, but the syntax may be different. Alternatively, you can also use a loop to retrieve the second matrix, but this may be less efficient. Certain matrix operations, such as transpose, may also give you the second matrix directly, but for others, you may need to manipulate the first matrix.
Madou
I have:
m1.jpg

And how do I get the following matrix with elementary row operations?:
m2.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Like before, use the rows that have only a single 1. These allow you to change any value in the column without affecting the rest of the row.

1. How do I get the second matrix from the first one?

To get the second matrix from the first one, you can use the slicing method in your programming language. This method allows you to select a specific portion of the first matrix, which in this case would be the second matrix. The syntax for slicing may vary depending on the programming language you are using, so be sure to refer to your language's documentation for more details.

2. Can I get the second matrix without altering the first one?

Yes, you can get the second matrix without altering the first one by using a copy or clone method. This creates a new matrix with the same values as the first one, allowing you to manipulate and retrieve the second matrix without changing the original.

3. What if the first matrix is a multi-dimensional array?

If the first matrix is a multi-dimensional array, you can still use the slicing method to retrieve the second matrix. However, the syntax for selecting a specific portion of the array may be slightly different. Again, refer to your programming language's documentation for more information.

4. Is there a way to get the second matrix using a loop?

Yes, you can use a loop to retrieve the second matrix from the first one. This method involves iterating through the first matrix and selecting the desired rows or columns to create the second matrix. However, this approach may be more time-consuming and less efficient compared to using the slicing method.

5. Can I get the second matrix using matrix operations?

Yes, depending on the specific matrix operation you are using, you may be able to get the second matrix directly. For example, if you are using the transpose operation, it will automatically give you the second matrix. However, for other operations, you may need to manipulate the first matrix to get the desired second matrix output.