Solving for Initial Velocity in Kinematic Equations

• Thread starter VolsDoll82
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thanks
In summary, the conversation is about two physics questions related to equations Vf = Vo + at and P1V1 = P2V2. The first question asks to find Vo, while the second question asks to find V1. The solution for the first question is Vo = at - vf, and for the second question, it is Vo = Vf - at. The conversation ends with the thank you message for the help.
VolsDoll82

Homework Statement

Question 1:
Vf = Vo + at
Find Vo

Question 2:

P1V1 = P2V2
Find V1

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Vo = at - vf

I'm new to taking Physical Science. Could someone help me on understanding how to solve the above problems. I got stuck on the second one. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
i can't understand what you are asking

The question is Vf = Vo + at
I got to find Vo

Ummm ... just rearrange them?

Vo = at - vf

is what I got by isolating variables.

Rearrange correctly

it must be: Vo = Vf - at

cupid.callin said:
Rearrange correctly

it must be: Vo = Vf - at

Thanks so much. :)

1. How do I approach a problem in my research?

The best way to approach a problem in your research is to first fully understand the problem and its context. This involves identifying any relevant variables, considering different perspectives, and determining the scope of the problem. Once you have a clear understanding, you can begin to brainstorm potential solutions and evaluate them based on feasibility and effectiveness.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills?

Practice is key to improving problem-solving skills. Make a conscious effort to tackle new and challenging problems, and don't be afraid to ask for help or seek feedback from others. Additionally, try to think critically and creatively, and consider different approaches and solutions.

3. How do I know if my solution is valid?

To determine if a solution is valid, you should first consider if it effectively addresses the problem and achieves the desired outcome. Then, you should evaluate the solution based on its feasibility, practicality, and potential impact. It can also be helpful to seek feedback from others and consider alternative perspectives.

4. What should I do if I get stuck while trying to solve a problem?

If you get stuck while trying to solve a problem, take a step back and try to approach it from a different angle. You can also take a break and come back to it with a fresh perspective. If you are still struggling, don't be afraid to seek help from a colleague or mentor who may have a different perspective or insight.

5. How important is problem-solving in science?

Problem-solving is a crucial aspect of science, as it allows scientists to identify and address complex issues and advance our understanding of the world. Effective problem-solving skills are essential for conducting research, designing experiments, and interpreting data. It also helps scientists to think critically and creatively, which are important skills in any scientific field.