How Do you Calculate how many x rays are coming off a fusion reaction?

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out how to calculate how much energy is being released in a nuclear fusion reaction from x rays. I think it will have to do with how much deuterium is in the vacuum chamber, how many volts I am using and the amount of resistance of the mesh the electricity is running through. I do not know though, can anyone help?

Answers and Replies

If you have a specific setup in mind, please tell us which. Otherwise it is pure guesswork.
And even then, I think you need some proper simulation.

Ok, sorry about being so vague, if i had a small scale fusion reactor in my garage, and I was using x amount of voltage, y amount of deuterium reacting, is there a way to calculate how much x ray radiation is being produced by the nuclear reaction?

Same as above.
I am sure it is possible to get a value, but without details it is impossible to say more.

Please do not try to build such a thing, if you have no idea how to evaluate and care about the risks.

Ok well right now this is all strictly theoretical, but then what exactly would i need to know to be able to calculate the amount of x ray radiation is coming off of a reaction?

You would need some model about your setup, about fusion processes, material distribution and heat dissipation. And if you stay so vague, the answers will stay vague as well.